National News The Brexit Thread ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

How will the EU enforce this? Is the genie not out of the bottle, happily married and breeding?

I mean those mega companies could just offshore stuff to a friendly nation just across the channel..... :)

I wonder, in the event of a no-deal, if blow-job will actually send in the navy? I fear what might happen with foreign trawlers intruding on our waters. I fear for the fishermen's jobs, and fish prices rocketting up, too. I also fear for the working class in general, with food prices going up, as they inevitably will.

I wonder, in the event of a no-deal, if blow-job will actually send in the navy? I fear what might happen with foreign trawlers intruding on our waters. I fear for the fishermen's jobs, and fish prices rocketting up, too. I also fear for the working class in general, with food prices going up, as they inevitably will.

Stay calm, the fisheries protection vessels are always out there looking after our waters and ensuring nobody strays.
Eat seasonal food, British seasonal food.
If there aren`t any avocado`s I won`t lose any sleep.
Food prices are artificially low which is why we, as a nation, waste so much. If it cost a realistic price people would waste less.

Stay calm, the fisheries protection vessels are always out there looking after our waters and ensuring nobody strays.
Eat seasonal food, British seasonal food.
If there aren`t any avocado`s I won`t lose any sleep.
Food prices are artificially low which is why we, as a nation, waste so much. If it cost a realistic price people would waste less.
Really? Where were the British country's protection vessels who could have turned back the thousands of Asians who have tried to sneak into our country from France?

Funniest thing Iโ€™ve seen for a while is Angela Rayner giving an interview about avoiding no deal at all costs because it would be a disaster.

It was then put to her that if the government did come back with a deal, Labour would support it....
Her response, Er well, we would have to look at the details first๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

They are all s**t and all as bad as one another... Everyone thinks they know best.
You don't have to support the least worse of two options if it isn't what you would do. What you do is support neither i. e abstain.

Well that's what I would do in such a situation.

Really? Where were the British country's protection vessels who could have turned back the thousands of Asians who have tried to sneak into our country from France?
They're not fish...obvs.

Anyway, to put the fishing industry in perspective

Over 65 TIMES the number of people employed in the UK fishing industry have lost their jobs since March because of Covid.

I think Dave was probably having a bit of a laugh to be fair. Anyway I thought Iโ€™d take a closer look on the govt site (sorry itโ€™s not some obscure internet streaming service with videos uploaded by flat Earthers).

Anyway you could fit the U.K.s fisherman/women into the Kaยฃยฃam and have space for a bus or two of fleetwood fans. The U.K. automotive industry employs (ONS 2019) nearly 60 times more people with gross value 100 times as much (again ONS).

You don't have to support the least worse of two options if it isn't what you would do. What you do is support neither i. e abstain.

Well that's what I would do in such a situation.

By all means abstain... But from that point on surely you have no leverage to criticise what happens in the future as a result of any deal?

A bit like not voting in the general election.... you sort of lose your voice.

Covid is the cause of people losing jobs. A no-deal Brexit will cause more people to lose their jobs. When are we going to have a political party that causes jobs to come back on the horizon?

I think Dave was probably having a bit of a laugh to be fair. Anyway I thought Iโ€™d take a closer look on the govt site (sorry itโ€™s not some obscure internet streaming service with videos uploaded by flat Earthers).

Anyway you could fit the U.K.s fisherman/women into the Kaยฃยฃam and have space for a bus or two of fleetwood fans. The U.K. automotive industry employs (ONS 2019) nearly 60 times more people with gross value 100 times as much (again ONS).

Yeah....but there ARE boats and ARE fish and we will defend ARE RITES on both to the BITTER END!!

(just don't mention ARE workers in the UK automotive industry, because they are expendable because they work for a johnny foreigner company and they can P**s off out of it.)

Fisheries protection.
Turning small boats full of migrants back from whence they came is (currently) unlawful.

Unless you are Greece with tacit support of the EU....

Funniest thing Iโ€™ve seen for a while is Angela Rayner giving an interview about avoiding no deal at all costs because it would be a disaster.

It was then put to her that if the government did come back with a deal, Labour would support it....
Her response, Er well, we would have to look at the details first๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

They are all s**t and all as bad as one another... Everyone thinks they know best.
Errm, so if she'd said 'yes, whatever the deal is, no matter how crap we think it is, however disadvantageous for the country - I will support it' you think that would have been sensible?

Errm, so if she'd said 'yes, whatever the deal is, no matter how crap we think it is, however disadvantageous for the country - I will support it' you think that would have been sensible?

But thatโ€™s what I found amusing ZTH.. in her words โ€œavoid a no deal AT ALL COSTSโ€

Then in her next breath she says she wonโ€™t necessarily support a deal... thus risking putting no deal on the table.

Mixed signals.

Oh, I see. I suppose she should have said 'avoid a no deal or a completely ineptly negotiated s**t one' really. Perhaps that would be asking too much of those trying to do the deal though,

Problem is ZTH.. she spoke as though it was a very simple situation.. I think she was forgetting that there are two parties to this negotiation.

By all means abstain... But from that point on surely you have no leverage to criticise what happens in the future as a result of any deal?

A bit like not voting in the general election.... you sort of lose your voice.
I'd disagree.

I would have thought that voting for something you disagree with comprises your future leverage.

Your vote in a general election is secret so it can't be forever rubbed in your face in the same way votes in parliament are.

Back
Top Bottom