National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

I'm herring some positive noises from the negotiations. The kippers won't be entirely happy but they don't have enough mussel to do anything about it, so will probably have a monk on. Negotiations are now going into Turbot mode and both sides are putting their heart and sole into a solution. The leaders will of course need some time to mullet over and the likes of Emmanuel Mackerelon and Angela...er...Mackerel and the overgrown Urchin-looking Johnson may want a last fine tuna of the detail, but they don't have the stomach to scupper this on porpoise just for the halibut and we must be thankful that Nicolas Sharkozy is nowhere near the process. Reaching common (fishing) ground is a whelk-ome development. And whilst now is not the time for com-plaice-ency, thank cod we can be hopeful of something is in the pipe(fish)line to warm the cockles of you heart.
No one will betta that. We can all clam up now.

Only usual have a quick Zander at this thread but the last Dace or twos responses have bream very gudgion.

Keep net (it) up !

Hold my beer - here comes Gavin.
Mr Williamson said:

"I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have.

That doesn't surprise me at all, because we're a much better country than every single one of them." (y)

Mr Williamson said:

"I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have.

That doesn't surprise me at all, because we're a much better country than every single one of them." (y)

Yes, fast tracking a vaccine from an American company, developed in Germany by Turkish immigrants, made in Belgium and transported through France...it really does make your British heart swell doesn't it.

Mr Williamson said:

Jingoistic bullshit. Dangerous in the wrong hands.

Blimey................ calm down kids.... it was "light hearted" in context... :D

Quote from the BBC website: A source close to Mr Williamson said that his intention had been to "praise the scientific brilliance of the regulator, but he is known to be enthusiastically patriotic and that enthusiasm clearly shone through in what was a broadly light-hearted conversation with the studio host".

That's political-talk for 'he was talking b0ll0cks'.

Quote from the BBC website: A source close to Mr Williamson said that his intention had been to "praise the scientific brilliance of the regulator, but he is known to be enthusiastically patriotic and that enthusiasm clearly shone through in what was a broadly light-hearted conversation with the studio host".

That's political-talk for 'he was talking b0ll0cks'.
I saw the LBC piece with Nick Ferrari and that very much mirrored the above.
GW is an idiot.
BUT
I have to say I agree,that the delivery in this instance,was absolutely light hearted and far from political.

Last edited:
I saw the LBC piece with Nick Ferrari and that very much mirrored the above.
GW is an idiot.
BUT
I have to say I agree,that the delivery in this instance,was absolutely light hearted and far from political.
Alternatively, he could've shown a bit of humility and deference and praised the wholly international effort that got the vaccine to that point...as well as praise the continuing international cooperation that means several vaccines will become available in the very near future. Maybe acknowledging what can be achieved through collaboration and cooperation on a continental and global scale is just a bit too uncomfortable for the Billy Britain types.

Plus Williamson is a prize bell.

Back
Top Bottom