National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Why is the EU shooting itself in the foot? The completion of the VI1 form is being insisted on the the UK government not the EU. It is totally within the UK government's gift to remove the requirement. Expect another u-turn dress-up in another lie regarding the true facts of the situation by our government and the right wing press.
Ah well ok. If that is the case then we can choose to remove it.
I like some of the EU wines, especially the Spanish, so happy either way

Ah well ok. If that is the case then we can choose to remove it.
I like some of the EU wines, especially the Spanish, so happy either way
But why did you think the EU were at fault here?

I think people like you need to stop trying to influence people's opinions using facts.
I'm hopeful that an ideology that tolerates lies over fact will eventually fall over itself. I just worry about the hurt and damage that it does in the meantime.

Everyone can make mistakes. I might have read in one of the tabloids
Agreed. But it goes to show how the tabloids' anti-EU lies have queered the pitch. Which was the point I was trying to make when I first referenced this above.

So Mr Vegan Wine middle man has to do the paperwork anyway, or his wife does?

Anyone dead? No. Thousands unemployed? No. Massive disruption to anything? No.

Hardly a bump in the road relatively speaking...... considering we were facing starvation, lack of medicines, massive increases in prices..... none of which has happened.

Tally ho. 🇬🇧 :D (y)

Hardly a bump in the road relatively speaking...... considering we were facing starvation, lack of medicines, massive increases in prices..... none of which has happened.

The fishermen are pretty pissed off though.

Maybe you'd like to go to some picturesque fishing village, like Newlyn in Cornwall and tell them why they;re all a bunch of self-pitying losers and they need to man up.;)

But he doesn't!! You're struggling to follow this aren't you?

EU exporters do and having to do so when you produce large numbers of small parcels of wines is the problem. It's not like the bulk buys from Australia, Chile etc. He is saying there is sufficient demand for these wines already and so some exporters will simply not bother because of UK red tape.

Red tape? Rings any bells? :unsure:

No one is saying this is a life or death problem (so away with your continual gaslighting) but what people are saying is this is not the sunlit uplands, no downsides that it was sold as.

The fishermen are pretty pissed off though.

Maybe you'd like to go to some picturesque fishing village, like Newlyn in Cornwall and tell them why they;re all a bunch of self-pitying losers and they need to man up.;)

It`s all second & holiday homes these days.
Fisherman & their industry will adapt, improvise & overcome the way they always have done.
Change happens, how people react to that is what makes success or failure.

But he doesn't!! You're struggling to follow this aren't you?

EU exporters do and having to do so when you produce large numbers of small parcels of wines is the problem. It's not like the bulk buys from Australia, Chile etc. He is saying there is sufficient demand for these wines already and so some exporters will simply not bother because of UK red tape.

Red tape? Rings any bells? :unsure:

No one is saying this is a life or death problem (so away with your continual gaslighting) but what people are saying is this is not the sunlit uplands, no downsides that it was sold as.

Not struggling as much as Mr Whiner it seems.

So the exporters think it`s too much bother exporting to his "niche UK vegan market" due to it being "multiple small parcels" of their business.... why sell 20 x 10 litres when you can sell 1 x 200 litres kind of thing.

Ah well, if the market is worth it someone will be willing to do the work and plug the gap.

That is how business works.

Not struggling as much as Mr Whiner it seems.

So the exporters think it`s too much bother exporting to his "niche UK vegan market" due to it being "multiple small parcels" of their business.... why sell 20 x 10 litres when you can sell 1 x 200 litres kind of thing.

Ah well, if the market is worth it someone will be willing to do the work and plug the gap.

That is how business works.
I must have missed the bit about Brexit being about tieing successful businesses up in new unnecessary red tape just to test them.

Hang on, aren't Tories supposed to be anti redtape?

It`s all second & holiday homes these days.
Fisherman & their industry will adapt, improvise & overcome the way they always have done.
Change happens, how people react to that is what makes success or failure.
Off you trot and tell them that then. Think you might end up a bit wet but they need to hear it from someone who clearly knows what he's talking about.[emoji6]

Hang on, aren't Tories supposed to be anti redtape?

Indeed, however so much has been wrapped around business that it will take some time to get to the letter W for wine or V for Vegan. :D

Then the liberal types will be complaining about removal/erosion of "rights and freedoms".....

If you include the original EEC we`ve got 47 years of stuff to sort out and that won`t happen in 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom