National News The BBC

I don't think a debate regarding continued membership of a political and economic bloc can be compared to holocaust denial, fgm, or even antivax beliefs.

Two of those are conspiracy theories and the other contravenes human rights and basic ethical beliefs.

Also the polling and result of the referendum suggests that pro-brexit sentiment was anything but marginal.

I'd say the point there is that most economists thought Brexit would be bad. The economy was, of course, just a facet of the Brexit debate.

I don't think a debate regarding continued membership of a political and economic bloc can be compared to holocaust denial, fgm, or even antivax beliefs.

Two of those are conspiracy theories and the other contravenes human rights and basic ethical beliefs.

Also the polling and result of the referendum suggests that pro-brexit sentiment was anything but marginal.
I agree to some point, but I’d love to be able to do the experiment to distinguish cause from effect.

John Simpson says his bit...................

"The BBC’s job isn’t to tell people what to think about the complex political issues of the day. It’s to lay the arguments in front of them honestly & let them make up their own minds."
John Simpson and Emily Maitlis are in agreement here. Giving a distorted argument as much weight as a factual one isn’t giving the public the tools to make an informed choice.
But if the BBC doesn’t put a Farage or Hartley-Brewer on a panel, people will cry foul.
The conundrum for the BBC is there aren’t really any experts that are held in high regards in their respected fields who have come to the conclusion Brexit will be positive for the UK.

Brexit is a debate that pits fact vs feeling which makes balance almost impossible.

My wife is a journalist at the BBC and the efforts they go to in order to maintain balance are incredible. They get accusations from the right and the left about bias - all cherry picking specific examples. Given the vast array of output they produce each day and the fact that they are staffed by human beings who (like us) are fallible then mistakes will be made or in a culture which is so quick to see black and white instead of shades of grey, nuance gets refuted as bias. Maybe I am biased given what my wife does but I think the BBC is amazing and value it over most newspapers and broadcasters.

My wife is a journalist at the BBC and the efforts they go to in order to maintain balance are incredible. They get accusations from the right and the left about bias - all cherry picking specific examples. Given the vast array of output they produce each day and the fact that they are staffed by human beings who (like us) are fallible then mistakes will be made or in a culture which is so quick to see black and white instead of shades of grey, nuance gets refuted as bias. Maybe I am biased given what my wife does but I think the BBC is amazing and value it over most newspapers and broadcasters.
My partner also works for the Beeb. The fact that people from both sides of the political spectrum think they’re bias against them only goes to show what a largely decent job they do in increasingly impossible circumstances.

It isn’t perfect but people ought to be careful what they wish for. When all access to information is privately owned it’s a very dangerous place to be.

Whenever ‘The BBC’ trends on Twitter, I do have a laugh at the frothing nature of the tweets.

The right wing ‘defund the BBC’ nuts accuse it of being pro-leftie, tree hugging and anti-British. Butthurt Corbyn-supporting loony lefties screech that it’s a mouthpiece of the government and completely riddled with Tories.

It can’t be both, folks. On occasion it may appear to pushing one story more than another but I do view it as more politically neutral than any other network or newspaper.

Whenever ‘The BBC’ trends on Twitter, I do have a laugh at the frothing nature of the tweets.

The right wing ‘defund the BBC’ nuts accuse it of being pro-leftie, tree hugging and anti-British. Butthurt Corbyn-supporting loony lefties screech that it’s a mouthpiece of the government and completely riddled with Tories.

It can’t be both, folks. On occasion it may appear to pushing one story more than another but I do view it as more politically neutral than any other network or newspaper.
Maybe in a sense it can be both, and needs to be. It can’t be boring middle of the road vanilla on everything so it needs to be a mixture of many perspectives. A mixture of lots of biases rather than unbiased.

My partner also works for the Beeb. The fact that people from both sides of the political spectrum think they’re bias against them only goes to show what a largely decent job they do in increasingly impossible circumstances.

It isn’t perfect but people ought to be careful what they wish for. When all access to information is privately owned it’s a very dangerous place to be.

I don’t have a partner but she also works for the BBC

I used to enjoy the BBC in the days before it was full of @bazzer9461 saying "tits".
Ah but to be fair I stopped on the letter I when I realised but apart from our RadOx team the BBC have a lot of tits amongst them especially those that can only say Hamas who the government class as terrorists and not call Hamas terrorists themselves

All these tits on the BBC sounds disgusting, what is the programme called, what time and channel so I can see for myself how disgusting?

BBC Radio 2

Unfortunately, you can't see tits on the radio...or.so the song goes.

I have been sat watching BBC Radio 2 for the last hour on my tv, literally nothing happening, had a quick browse through the channels though and I think you might be extremely dyslexic as I found a channel called babe station which was disgusting and full of of tits.

Back
Top Bottom