Stewart Donald anyone.....

Don't judge a book by it's cover. But that young lad looks like a spoilt brat. Looks a bit Donald Trumpish to me.

So you don't think that having someone local, a fan, a successful businessman, wouldn't be good to have on the board?

You don't think that SD would bring anything positive?
Whether he is local means nothing to me. The fact he is a fan also means nothing to me. We have people involved at board level that have a far greater business acumen than Stewart.

Rather than answer your question, I’ll ask one of my own: what can Stewart do for the football club, that we cannot currently do for ourselves?

Whether he is local means nothing to me. The fact he is a fan also means nothing to me. We have people involved at board level that have a far greater business acumen than Stewart.

Rather than answer your question, I’ll ask one of my own: what can Stewart do for the football club, that we cannot currently do for ourselves?
Well he is local. I mean, it's not a trifling aspect having someone from the local area. Only Zaki was anywhere close during his time...while I suppose we have Niall McWilliams in the role, all the men pulling the strings and with the cash are in the Far East and won't be jetting in any time soon.

That said, while I have a lot of time for Stewart as a man, businessman and fan, he is demonstrably not cut out to be a football chairman.

Well he is local. I mean, it's not a trifling aspect having someone from the local area. Only Zaki was anywhere close during his time...while I suppose we have Niall McWilliams in the role, all the men pulling the strings and with the cash are in the Far East and won't be jetting in any time soon.

That said, while I have a lot of time for Stewart as a man, businessman and fan, he is demonstrably not cut out to be a football chairman.
I mean, it’s 2021. Business can be done from anywhere, at anytime. I just don’t know what Donald would bring to the club. If the club want someone local to sit on the board and not do a great deal then I’m sure we’d all be available. He won’t want to invest millions into another football team and to be honest, after his experience at Sunderland, I don’t blame him. Stewart, enjoy your money and stay away from football. That’s my advice.

Hopefully, put a few quid in for a new stadium?

He may have a bit more influence with land owners/Council being local and not on the other side of the world like the rest of the board members but would tiger and Co want him in on the act of their business venture?

No doubt he will spend a fortune to try and get back into the prem then realise it’s going to cost a lot of money in doing so.
He can’t spend a fortune though, due to FFP. He can spend more in wages, fine. But he won’t be able to throw money at the club, in order to buy the league. I think their problems seem to be deeper routed than just Stewart Donald and co. The whole club appears rotten, from the outside-in.

The man paid for James Constable, along with half the players who got us out of the Conference.

Bit of a precious luvvie on occasion but I would wager that the people who throw jabs at him don’t have the first clue of the club’s history, or who was involved in helping us get away from the cliff edge.

Back
Top Bottom