Stereotypes

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Irvineyellow

How come its taffs, sweaties and that's ok, yet any other old school names a no go? All or nothing s

How come its taffs, sweaties and that's ok, yet any other old school names a no go? All or nothing s
Essexyellow hasn't quite accepted that the world has moved on, and I dread to think how he would described countries on a more global scale! Don't worry, the vast majority are a bit more civilised on here.

I'm not offended half Welsh myself stay in Scotland now, just asking why everyone careful what they call folk now but the welsh, scots and Irish fair game???

Sweaty is rhyming slang been used for god knows how long and will still get used, the jocks call us Sasanacks it’s been part and parcel of rivalry

Sweaty is rhyming slang been used for god knows how long and will still get used, the jocks call us Sasanacks it’s been part and parcel of rivalry
Lived up here years never heard that said, just english C***s, think that a media word.

• React
Reactions: m
My dad is from Scotland Bazz, so failed to beat the 3rd worst ranked team in the competition.. haha.. such amusing reading on here today
And as you so eloquently put it
w****r
Just replying to a new member who took offence to rhyming slang and after he called is C***s, so yes he’s a w****r but this is banter there has always been and an England Scotland rivalry and I’m sure comments of a worse type have been said .

back on the subject of this thread-

from personal experience....

Bang and Olefsen were very decent in the 70s/ early 80s

Technics record decks/ set ups , while not the ultimate best, have been the market leaders for several decades

..... ^^ or have I got the wrong kind of stereo types ? :rolleyes:

I dunno can`t do right for doing wrong. :ROFLMAO:

I could just open the threads with the dull country names or the scoreboard abbreviations, hopefully, nobody will then be stereotypically offended by a word typed on a backwater internet forum. :censored:

Taff - is historically related to the River Taff from the days Cardiff was the busiest sea port in the world.
Sweaty - abbreviation of the cockney rhyming slang of Sweaty Sock referring to Jock or person from Scotland.
Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys - The French.
The Huns - Germans. (AKA - Losers with reference to 1 World Cup and 2 World Wars).

In March 1862 this useful phrase first appeared..................... "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never break me."

I dunno can`t do right for doing wrong. [emoji23]

I could just open the threads with the dull country names or the scoreboard abbreviations, hopefully, nobody will then be stereotypically offended by a word typed on a backwater internet forum. :censored:

Taff - is historically related to the River Taff from the days Cardiff was the busiest sea port in the world.
Sweaty - abbreviation of the cockney rhyming slang of Sweaty Sock referring to Jock or person from Scotland.
Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys - The French.
The Huns - Germans. (AKA - Losers with reference to 1 World Cup and 2 World Wars).

In March 1862 this useful phrase first appeared..................... "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never break me."
Your last point. I usually find people that say that are usually the bullies or perpetrators. But once you do the same, they get upset or physical.

And also its a vague saying.

Your last point. I usually find people that say that are usually the bullies or perpetrators. But once you do the same, they get upset or physical.

And also its a vague saying.

Not me, it`s just water off a ducks back.

Sorry... another vague saying. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom