General Squad Numbers 23/24

Steve Gilbert

For those of us who get excited about squad numbers here is what I have seen so far from the pictures:

1 - Beadle (-)
2 - Long (2)
3 - Brown (16)
4 - Thornley (-)
5 - Moore (5)
6 - McEachran (-)
7 - Mills (-)
8 - Brannagan (8)
9 - Harris (-)
10 - Bodin (7)
11 - Browne (11)
13 - Eastwood (13)
14 - Smyth (25)
15 - Stevens (-)
16 - Perkins (-)
17 - Henry (17)
18 - McGuane (18)
19 - Goodrham (27)
20 - Rodrigues (-)
21 - McGinty (21)
22 - Leigh (-)
23 - Murphy (23)
24 - Johnson
25 - Gorrin (6)
26 - Golding (26)
27 - Woltman (-)
28 - Negru (28)
29 - Edwards (-)
31 - Breary (-)
33 - Mfuni (35)
39 - O'Donker (39)

I will edit as more pictures come out.
In brackets is the number they had last season.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230626_173124_LINEUP11.jpg

The squad as it appears at the moment. I've only included those who appear to have had squad numbers confirmed (with the exception of Beadle who must be no.1)

To avoid overkill I've put some if the fringe players on the bench and have put people in approximate positions before anyone points out the Josh Mc might be deeper than Cam Bran etc!

Edit - Ciaron Brown definitely there and may have no.3 shirt but all a bit blurry to me. Will update when more photos come out.

Last edited:
View attachment 14264

The squad as it appears at the moment. I've only included those who appear to have had squad numbers confirmed (with the exception of Beadle who must be no.1)

To avoid overkill I've put some if the fridge players on the bench and have put people in approximate positions before anyone points out the Josh Mc might be deeper than Cam Bran etc!
Must be a big fridge. How does that avoid overkill?

For those of us who get excited about squad numbers here is what I have seen so far from the pictures:

2 - Long (2)
4 - Thornley (-)
5 - Moore (5)
6 - McEachran (-)
8 - Brannagan (8)
10 - Bodin (7)
11 - Browne (11)
13 - Eastwood (13)
14 - Smyth (25)
16 - Brown (16)
17 - Henry (17)
18 - McGuane (18)
19 - Goodrham (27)
20 - Rodrigues (-)
21 - McGinty (21)
23 - Murphy (23)
24 -
25 - Gorrin (6)
26 - Golding (26)
28 - Negru (28)
33 - Mfuni (35)
35 - Findlay (4)
39 - O'Donker (39)

I will edit as more pictures come out.
In brackets is the number they had last season.

Wildschut is no.30.

Screenshot_20230626_220055_Twitter.jpg

Going by the numbers then I’d expect a 1st choice left back to come in, a 1st choice wide mildfielder, a striker and then a couple of squad players.

Baldock has lost his number to Bodin, Findlay is clearly not first choice and will be free to go. Gorrin might still get a deal but he will only be a squad player which I wouldn’t be against.

Going by the numbers then I’d expect a 1st choice left back to come in, a 1st choice wide mildfielder, a striker and then a couple of squad players.

Baldock has lost his number to Bodin, Findlay is clearly not first choice and will be free to go. Gorrin might still get a deal but he will only be a squad player which I wouldn’t be against.

Gorrin?

No, his knees are gone.

I think we've got at least 5 squad places available assuming we don't offer a contract to Gorrin, and Baldock doesn't feature, but would expect others to also leave.

I think we'll bring in;

Left back with potential to play LWB
RWB
Defensive midfield/playmaker
Winger
Established striker
Young striker from PL/Champ (loan)
Young winger from PL/Champ (loan)
A development type midfielder
A development type defender

That would give us a squad of real balance and depth (obviously depending on who comes in)

I think we've got at least 5 squad places available assuming we don't offer a contract to Gorrin, and Baldock doesn't feature, but would expect others to also leave.

I think we'll bring in;

Left back with potential to play LWB
RWB
Defensive midfield/playmaker
Winger
Established striker
Young striker from PL/Champ (loan)
Young winger from PL/Champ (loan)
A development type midfielder
A development type defender

That would give us a squad of real balance and depth (obviously depending on who comes in)
I agree but I also think the out goings this summer are just as important as incomings.

Sort out Baldock, move on Findlay, Wildschut, 1 of the keepers to loan out and potentially Henry.

I’d like to see McGinty loaned to a league 2 side for a season to allow him to develop and then come back ready to be number 1 the following year as I certainly think there is a good keeper there.

Seddon is the interesting one as I think played as WB then I think he will excel under Manning but as an out and out LB I don’t think he is up to it. I’d actually like to see Ruffles come back as will be better than when he left us and can play both left back and LWB.

If we give a contract to Gorrin then I don’t think we will get another defensive mid in.

Fz4QTKtagAMspJf

9 - Harris

New scholars

51 - Nathan Bond
52 - Harrison Mole
53 - Denis Travin
56 - Ibrahim Bangurah
57 - Kyron Webb
58 - Harrison Bradney
59 - Kasway Burton

Last edited:
Published numbers see Brown moved to 3.

7 remains vacant.

1 James Beadle
2 Sam Long
3 Ciaron Brown
4 Jordan Thorniley
5 Elliott Moore
6 Josh McEachran
8 Cameron Brannagan
9 Mark Harris
10 Billy Bodin
11 Marcus Browne
13 Simon Eastwood
14 Oisin Smyth
15 Fin Stevens
17 James Henry
18 Marcus Mcguane
19 Tyler Goodrham
20 Ruben Rodrigues
21 Ed Mcginty
23 Josh Murphy
24 Josh Johnson
26 James Golding
28 Stephan Negru
30 Yanic Wildschut
31 Eddie Brearey
33 Teddy Mfuni
39 Gatlin O'Donkor

No Gorrin, no Baldock, 7 and 12 free (of the lower numbers), Beadle No 1.

Suprised G O'D hast got a 'lower' squad number for this season, stayed at 39

7, 12, 16, 22, 25 , 27, 29 are all unfilled ( as yet) in the first 30

Suprised G O'D hast got a 'lower' squad number for this season, stayed at 39

7, 12, 16, 22, 25 , 27, 29 are all unfilled ( as yet) in the first 30
I think it's sort of a 'thing' in the generation coming through now. See eg Foden 47 and Rice 41. Have to say, I quite like it - makes your number distinctive and unique.

Eastwood retaining number 13. Stevens was number 1 last season, and we know how that panned out.

Smyth getting 14 is a big promotion (of sorts), no? Presumably means he's been pegged for playing a much bigger role this year by Manning.

Smyth getting 14 is a big promotion (of sorts), no? Presumably means he's been pegged for playing a much bigger role this year by Manning.

Smyth does seem to have gone under the radar somewhat this summer. Personally, I was hoping to see more of him last season after a promising pre-season and good reports from elsewhere. It's not clear what exactly went wrong (did KR just not fancy him, or was he not ready for first team action?). Whenever I saw him play I thought it was clear he had something about him. Hopefully he's given the opportunity to kick on this season.

Back
Top Bottom