General Silence is Golden

Scotchegg

I've mention this on the stadium thread but I think it's so important that I've started a new thread (hope it's OK mods?)

Now is the time to stop all online discussions with those against the stadium project. This includes platforms such as Nextdoor, Facebook, Twitter (X) and in response to any articles in the Oxford Mail.

Some of the posts that FoSB and other key figures have shared in the last week are highly contentious and will be being viewed carefully by the club, our owners and their legal teams. I would also expect that conversations are being had within the legal teams of OCC and others when there there have been implications of corruption and worse.

As well intended as everyone is, there is a real danger that any comments on social media by our fans will be twisted and misused by those opposing the stadium to muddy the water or present our fanbase as being aggressive or threatening others.

We have a month until OCC will make their decision, and everything is in our favour at this time. Its been said over and over again, but now is the time to focus on positive engagement with those that matter (see @MJB posts for councillors details). But also look at engaging with your MP, CDC councillors or parish councillors depending on where you live. Show them just how much Oxford United means to you and your family/friends. Show them how our very future depends on getting the stadium project approved. Show them what a state of the art community stadium will do for you, but also your wider community. Show them how important this is for our entire county and beyond.

Flood social media with positive posts. Share photos of you at games with your family and friends. Share your matchday experiences, your highs and your lows. Share what Oxford United means to you. And just as importantly tag others into this. Tag OCC, tag your MP or your councillors, tag your mates and get them to share too. And include the #OUFC to help keep everything visible to so many more.

Share positive posts from the club, OxVox and OUSP. Click on all positive articles and leave positive comments.

But we simply have to ignore everything else and do not give it the oxygen that FoSB and others desperately need.

Be proud. Be Passionate. Be Positive.

Screenshot_20230821_211630_Google.jpg

Back
Top Bottom