General Playoffs

Will we make the playoffs this season? (2020/21)

• Yes

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 36.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be a miracle :unsure:

Problem is it's not just about winning games in hand it's continue to win whilst others drop pts beyond that. i have predicted 10pts from the next 7 and would go for 27 as a bare minimum in those after to the end of the season to have an outside chance of the Play offs.. You then have to win the Play Offs or the season is meaningless.

This for me is why the Play offs is a get out of jail card when in real terms finishing far off the Top 2 means you failed and hides the real issue.

Next 7 games

Bristol Rovers 3
Wigan 3
Ipswich 1
Portsmouth 1
MK Dons 3
Peterborough 1
Charlton 3

15 points, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat Ipswich, Portsmouth or Peterborough if the new players really click. The playoffs are exactly what they are, and top 6 becomes the aim. I'm not sure Wycombe viewed last season as a failure, and I'll happily take the same "failure" this season.

You missed the point as you're assuming winning the Play Offs is a given when as we all it's a lottery...don't win them you've failed for the season and that applies to every club so not a dig at ours.

You suggest/believe we will reach 74 that's a brave shout, i just believe we need that many as a minimum and then still get promoted to see the season have any real meaning before the turnover of players starts again.

You missed the point as you're assuming winning the Play Offs is a given when as we all it's a lottery...don't win them you've failed for the season and that applies to every club so not a dig at ours.

You suggest/believe we will reach 74 that's a brave shout, i just believe we need that many as a minimum and then still get promoted to see the season have any real meaning before the turnover of players starts again.

I actually believe we'll get around 79 points and finish 4th/5th. And if we hit that kind of form then we'll have no one to fear in the playoffs.

Next 7 games

Bristol Rovers 3
Wigan 3
Ipswich 1
Portsmouth 1
MK Dons 3
Peterborough 1
Charlton 3

15 points, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat Ipswich, Portsmouth or Peterborough if the new players really click. The playoffs are exactly what they are, and top 6 becomes the aim. I'm not sure Wycombe viewed last season as a failure, and I'll happily take the same "failure" this season.

I'd go:
Rovers 1
Wigan 3
Ipsiwch 3
Pompey 0
MK Dons 3
Peterborough 1
Charlton 1

0 points v Portsmouth? Isn't it written in the EFL rulebook that any game between Oxford and Portsmouth must end 1-1?
I can't see us going unbeaten for the next 7 and Pompey seems a classic candidate for us to have a blip. On paper we should beat the Wurzels but it'll be a horrible, bitty game that ends 0-0.
MK Dons try and play football so we'll beat them.
Peterborough good on paper but slightly struggling with from.

I can't see us going unbeaten for the next 7 and Pompey seems a classic candidate for us to have a blip. On paper we should beat the Wurzels but it'll be a horrible, bitty game that ends 0-0.
MK Dons try and play football so we'll beat them.
Peterborough good on paper but slightly struggling with from.
It’s impossible to predict with us. Maybe we’ll have a mini collapse and then recover to win the last ten games

I actually believe we'll get around 79 points and finish 4th/5th. And if we hit that kind of form then we'll have no one to fear in the playoffs.
Forecast final table after 46 games using current PPG.

Pn Pts Ppg Team

1. 96 2.09 Doncaster
2. 94 2.04 Lincoln
3. 85 1.85 Hull
4. 85 1.84 Peterbrough
5. 83 1.80 Portsmouth
6. 82 1.78 Accrington
-------------
7. 75 1.64 Sunderland
8. 75 1.62 Ipswich
9. 73 1.59 Charlton
10. 71 1.54 Oxford
11. 66 1.43 Crewe
12. 65 1.41 Blackpool

If we were to win the next two we would be on 1.65ppg =76 pts over the season (7th). To then continue to end of season on a very respectable 1.85 ppg for 20 matches, we would finish with 80 pts (7th, 1.74 ppg).

So far, it looks as if this season will need a higher than usual number of points to make the playoffs.

We are going to need someone in the top six to have a blip, and for us to outperform all the chasing pack. A big ask.

On paper, we've strengthened the squad considerably in the January transfer window, and given the form we've been in, since BEFORE we even strengthened the squad, as long as those players we've brought in settle in nicely, and we're lucky with injuries, I see no reason why we can't be fighting for a playoff place come the end of the season.

It's so frustrating, if only we had even a 50% better start to the season, we'd be in with a real chance of automatic promotion.

The next few games will be crucial...

I think we just left ourselves to much to do with the bad start, we have handicapped ourselves.

We could average 2 points a game for the rest of the season and would still not make the top six, if the teams above us just continue with their current ppg.

I think we’ve got every chance of making the playoffs but the concerning thing for me atm is our defence, we seem to be give silly soft goals away, this needs improving hugely especially against the better teams in this division

Win our two games in hand, and we are only 3 points behind Hull. I think anyone who finishes 3 points behind them or just above them will be in the top six.

We could average 2 points a game for the rest of the season and would still not make the top six, if the teams above us just continue with their current ppg.

If we average 2 points a game for the rest of the season then the teams above us current ppg wouldn't be the same as we have to play all of them at least once.

If we average 2 points a game for the rest of the season then the teams above us current ppg wouldn't be the same as we have to play all of them at least once.
That doesn't make sense. We could win all our games with the teams above us and they all could still average the same ppg as they have now... due to all their all their other matches.

That doesn't make sense. We could win all our games with the teams above us and they all could still average the same ppg as they have now... due to all their all their other matches.

You are not taking in to account they all have to play each other aswell. So if we do beat them their current ppg won't be the same. 2 ppg for the rest of the season for us will put us on 82 points. No chance will we miss out on 6th with that points tally

Back
Top Bottom