Votes: 10 19.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why am I a WUM exactly? Zero credibility to your message.
I'lll let others decide if you're a WUM but hardly a credible opening post. He waved play-on for some awful tackles your bunch of cloggers put in on our players. He was actually pretty terrible for you also, but we didn't put in the sort of dangerous tackles Portsmouth were.

One of your goals was offside and we should have had a penalty for the foul on Matty.

You're a limited side and won't get in the play-offs. Off you pop.

Gets a 5 from me.

He`ll learn and improve from it.

Nothing catastrophic either way, bit flaky but has potential.

• React
Reactions: m
I'lll let others decide if you're a WUM but hardly a credible opening post. He waved play-on for some awful tackles your bunch of cloggers put in on our players. He was actually pretty terrible for you also, but we didn't put in the sort of dangerous tackles Portsmouth were.

One of your goals was offside and we should have had a penalty for the foul on Matty.

You're a limited side and won't get in the play-offs. Off you pop.
Your right about one thing .. we won’t make the play offs… probably. But as a rule I think we have all been blinded by refs throwing yellow cards around and giving fouls because a player rolls around. Last night was refreshing because he didn’t stand for it. In the prem your seeing the same thing. Not many yellows and a lot more refs telling players to stop play acting. I hate football when it’s stop start so I see it as no bad thing. Have looked at the replay and a freeze frame I don’t think he was offside for the second goal. I’m just awaiting a clip of the foul on the penalty before I can comment on that … I was sat too far away to see it clearly. When it’s all said and done your unhappy because you lost. Same as any fan when they lose. Nothing to see here

One of my biggest gripes with referees is inconsistency. If you're going to let 'soft' fouls go fair enough (great, in fact), but you have to apply that to both teams for the full 90 minutes. Last night's ref waved play on frequently in the first half when our players were going down easily (which I wasn't that upset by), but seemed to blow up much more often in the second half when it was the Pompey players doing the same thing.

He was also blatantly influenced by Cowley's incessant whining when he blew up early. I think the issue of timekeeping in football is a wider problem that needs to be addressed. Personally would like to see a stopping clock approach introduced, at least for added time, although preferably for 90 minutes.

So all in all it wasn't a shocker of a performance, but one where, if you lose, you feel aggrieved, but if you win, you think it was fine.

One of my biggest gripes with referees is inconsistency. If you're going to let 'soft' fouls go fair enough (great, in fact), but you have to apply that to both teams for the full 90 minutes. Last night's ref waved play on frequently in the first half when our players were going down easily (which I wasn't that upset by), but seemed to blow up much more often in the second half when it was the Pompey players doing the same thing.

He was also blatantly influenced by Cowley's incessant whining when he blew up early. I think the issue of timekeeping in football is a wider problem that needs to be addressed. Personally would like to see a stopping clock approach introduced, at least for added time, although preferably for 90 minutes.

So all in all it wasn't a shocker of a performance, but one where, if you lose, you feel aggrieved, but if you win, you think it was fine.
fouth official to 'manage' time added ... after all the fourth official, if last night is any indicator, when he wasn't interested in Cowley going for long walks outside of his technical area , would've been better placed perhaps

there again the likes of Farry Evans , Westley and Cowley et al would be in the face of fourth officials even more if they were adding time on for time wasted ...so perhaps not after thinking about it

Gets a 5 from me.

He`ll learn and improve from it.

Nothing catastrophic either way, bit flaky but has potential.
5/10 suggests to me it was an average performance, if that's an average refereeing performance we might as well all pack up and go home. Who's been worse than him this season?

5/10 suggests to me it was an average performance, if that's an average refereeing performance we might as well all pack up and go home. Who's been worse than him this season?

No ref, no game simple as that.

Berate them all you like but they have put in the hours to learn the trade so the "up & coming" need some slack.

Worse?? Not many but 1 or 2 IIRC so average seems about right.

fouth official to 'manage' time added ... after all the fourth official, if last night is any indicator, when he wasn't interested in Cowley going for long walks outside of his technical area , would've been better placed perhaps

there again the likes of Farry Evans , Westley and Cowley et al would be in the face of fourth officials even more if they were adding time on for time wasted ...so perhaps not after thinking about it
To be fair no fans are happy with refs. I mean in my opinion the ref was shocking in our game at your place. That red card? 10 minutes added time? Madness. And as for cowley? So what Robinson is hardly a picture of perfect manners is he?

To be fair no fans are happy with refs. I mean in my opinion the ref was shocking in our game at your place. That red card? 10 minutes added time? Madness. And as for cowley? So what Robinson is hardly a picture of perfect manners is he?
I wouldn’t be so proud of a club showing a lack of class and respect amongst its players and supporters; Curtis takes to Twitter with a child like tweet, you come on here to gloat after a win against us.
We had an off day against a mid table team who turned up on the day and who scored a couple of decent goals.
Becoming a bit obsessed with little old Oxford are we….?

I wouldn’t be so proud of a club showing a lack of class and respect amongst its players and supporters; Curtis takes to Twitter with a child like tweet, you come on here to gloat after a win against us.
We had an off day against a mid table team who turned up on the day and who scored a couple of decent goals.
Becoming a bit obsessed with little old Oxford are we….?
I’m not gloating. I haven’t gloated once… I wouldn’t be so proud of a club chanting racist abuse at a referee either? And no pal… I couldn’t care less about any other clubs that
A) are not my club
B) has 3 stands for a stadium.

🤷🏼‍♂️

A 2 from me. Way out of his depth. Was ok at giving the easy decisions. Not so at the important decisions. There 2nd wasn’t offside. As for the penalty no way of knowing from the Milton End, to far away. But chatting to numerous Pompey fans after the game who were sat in the Fratton End, to a man they said it was a definite penalty. Sam Long was lucky to only get a yellow for the high boot.

I stated on the match day thread that I thought he looked pretty decent but that didn’t last much longer. I don’t think either team got anything from him. He was a bit slow giving a yellow card and we got free kicks that Pompey should have had and vide Versace. So a three from me.

I’m not gloating. I haven’t gloated once… I wouldn’t be so proud of a club chanting racist abuse at a referee either? And no pal… I couldn’t care less about any other clubs that
A) are not my club

🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s not proven.
A we’re not bothered about your club.
B we may have only three sides but we have hospitality and a great family atmosphere.

Gave him a 5. Started very well, but then became incredibly inconsistent (both ways).
The fact that KR didn't mention the penalty shout in his post-match interview probably shows that there was nothing doing there.

We've had much worse and much better.

That’s not proven.
A we’re not bothered about your club.
B we may have only three sides but we have hospitality and a great family atmosphere.
I mean… that’s coming from your own fan.
In which case… excellent family atmosphere … hey kids it’s ok to be racist, have a great day

I mean… that’s coming from your own fan.
In which case… excellent family atmosphere … hey kids it’s ok to be racist, have a great day
We’re not racist but no more than your lot , but that’s total bollox. No one can confirm that chant more likely some of those muppets sat to the right of the Milton End making ridiculous claims.

We’re not racist but no more than your lot , but that’s total bollox. No one can confirm that chant more likely some of those muppets sat to the right of the Milton End making ridiculous claims.
Like I say. I saw it in writing from your own fan. Nothing to do with us? But of course… your a family club so it’s impossible

A) are not my club

🤷🏼‍♂️
What racist abuse are you referring to? First I've heard of any. Or is this more made up s**t from Pompous fans, like the alleged time wasting, and cheating when we beat you at our place.

Also, I find it an amazing coincidence that you managed to join this forum on the very day after your mid table team beat promotion chasing Oxford. You know, what with you not here to gloat and all that.

And as for the three stands dig, it might surprise you, but we've heard that one before. About. A. Million. Times. Before.

Like I say. I saw it in writing from your own fan. Nothing to do with us? But of course… your a family club so it’s impossible
Behave. And various comments from people who were there who said they never heard anything so you can put that one to bed.

Having not had the opportunity to see the game live, I watched the full match back on iFollow and took particular notice of the 2nd half incidents that would have seen time added on (as had seen the various moans and groans about the amount of time on twitter)

46:55 - Bazanu is warned about how long he is taking for a goal-kick
(This is unusually very early for a ref to start warning players for second-half time wasting but spot on and shows that the ref was on it and keeping track. Pompey commentators also mention how long he is taking, even discussing whether a keeper has ever been sent off for 2 yellows for time wasting before)

55:37 - Freeman goes down injury
60:13 - Play restarts
[Stoppage of 04:36]

In the second half there was also the following where time is added on at 30seconds a piece
51 - Ronan Curtis Goal
55 - Nathan Holland On
63 - Sam Winnall On
71 - Ryan Tunnicliffe On
82 - Cameron Brannagan Goal
83 - Aiden O'Brien On
87 - Marcus McGuane On
[Stoppage of 03:30]

So the total stoppage time before any other injuries, time taken for bookings (5 in the half before 90minutes) etc. was 08:06
Bazanu was booked for time wasting in the 88th minute so it is only fair to assume, that in the 42minutes since he was first spoken to, the referee found more time to add on the 8minutes noted above.

We scored the winner at 95:53 so well within the correct amount of time added on, regardless of whether the final figure of 10 was too much or not.

Back
Top Bottom