Conference Oxford City

For some reason, I find it very odd that City could be playing in the National League, it doesn't feel that long ago we were down there.

Tyler is 20 next season , he has shown enough easily that he should be part of the first team squad and depending on form in the side even for this mythical promotion chasing side which means we must only play experienced players or players signed, from Ireland for example.
If Tyler was a loan player would we be saying the same I wonder ?
GoD let's see where he is pre season .
Hopefully our strikers will be increased by 2 or 3 new players .

With them potentially only 2 divisions below us next season, at what point do people stop having a soft spot for them?

With them potentially only 2 divisions below us next season, at what point do people stop having a soft spot for them?
Who's afraid of the big bad City? They do have some damn good players but the ground consists largely of a fence you can lean on.

There was only 2 divisions between us when we were in the conference so it's nothing new.

I think it's great they could become a national League side next season ,so much potential to loan our youngsters/fringe players too and it will be easy to keep tabs on them.

I have a soft spot for all of our county teams and wish them well. That may change if one was to ever join the same league or beat us in a cup match (excluding Oxfordshire senior cup).

There was only 2 divisions between us when we were in the conference so it's nothing new.

I think it's great they could become a national League side next season ,so much potential to loan our youngsters/fringe players too and it will be easy to keep tabs on them.

I have a soft spot for all of our county teams and wish them well. That may change if one was to ever join the same league or beat us in a cup match (excluding Oxfordshire senior cup).

Are City semi pro still? If so, are there plans to go full time?

I think Dorking Wanderers and Wealdstone are the only part time teams this season so will be tricky. Dorking have the difficult 2nd season next year coming whereas Wealdstone have managed to survive and develop. Others have dropped back though in regional football.

I think Dorking Wanderers and Wealdstone are the only part time teams this season so will be tricky. Dorking have the difficult 2nd season next year coming whereas Wealdstone have managed to survive and develop. Others have dropped back though in regional football.
Yes they are, no there isn't (AFAIK)

Yes they are part time but maybe if they get promoted and stay up for a further year they may go full time. City do so well with recruitment and also bring players through their academy. It's no fluke they've been in around the top 5 for 3 seasons.

Going to be a sell out. Will smash the highest attendance 2276 in the friendly against United when they first installed the 4G pitch

I’m going, hope to claw back a bit of excitement from this dismal season. They’ll be favourites to go up but will surely struggle if they do. Still, Dorking managed to stay up though I believe they are well funded.

Back
Top Bottom