Conference Oxford City

Some good goals as well as they were shown just after they scored them on the TNT live game, Bromley Vs Maidenhead.

went to CPF today, decent game. Monkey hangers had the best of 1st half, but shocking defending in the 2nd let City in. Ashby looked good. 200/250 from Pool a good turnout from them, a long trip. Their manager getting grief when 3 and 4th goals went in. Overall a decent afternoon out, with no stress

went to CPF today, decent game. Monkey hangers had the best of 1st half, but shocking defending in the 2nd let City in. Ashby looked good. 200/250 from Pool a good turnout from them, a long trip. Their manager getting grief when 3 and 4th goals went in. Overall a decent afternoon out, with no stress

What was the crowd?

What was the crowd?

Crowd was 1423, I was going to go but ended up watching it on TV.

Hartlepool were a decent passing team and scored a goal of the season contender for the second. What changed the game is when city brought on the two pacy wingers, Hartlepool couldn't deal with their pace and the press. Haven't seen anyone blaming the pitch and they would be pretty stupid to do so. This isn't the same pitch as last season.

Apparently the keeper thought one of the rubgy line marking was his penalty area and the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

That is a weak excuse but not surprised. Still poor from the Ref and I imagine York are fuming about it.

As from the same division and doesn't warrant a thread of its own:

Is this a Red Card?

I'll hazard a guess that it should be. :D

The keeper didn't even get a yellow!

Edit: The game finished a 2-2 draw.

So by the letter of the law, I think the ref was actually perfectly correct there.

The appropriate red card offense is "Denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)"

The appropriate yellow card offense is "handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack"

Neither of these things are actually true here, because there's no attacker anywhere near the ball (the nearest one has given up the chase, and is ambling along well behind the last defender). It's neither an obvious goal-scoring opportunity nor a promising attack. If the goalie decided to go have a cup of tea, the defender is still clearing that ball comfortably.

There isn't an offense for "pick up the ball thirty yards away from goal because you're an absolute dope who has no idea where he is"

If the ref's job is purely to follow the law, rather than add his own interpretation (and I think it is) then a free kick but no cards seems to me to be the correct decision here!

Back
Top Bottom