EPL owners charter 'scuppered'

we get a mention in here

"Football authorities and several clubs have recognised the benefits that come from
genuine fan engagement in improving their decision making processes and we
recognise that some steps are already being taken to improve this engagement.
These include ongoing improvements to the existing Structured Dialogue process
between supporter groups such as the Football Supporters’ Association and the
leagues. More recently, the FA has started to establish a Fan Consultation Group
which is due to start meeting in April 2022. We have also noted improvements being
made to the processes at clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester United and Oxford
United, amongst others. "

As mentioned elsewhere, a box-ticking exercise that will not solve the issues of owners using football clubs as tools for their own benefit.

The only way to fix it is to retain a legal link between stadium and club and to implement FFP rules properly.

Then take that massive pot of surplus money in the PL pot and force it to be spread down the pyramid.

None of which will be seen as free market so just rinse and repeat as little clubs continue to fold......

As mentioned elsewhere, a box-ticking exercise that will not solve the issues of owners using football clubs as tools for their own benefit.

The only way to fix it is to retain a legal link between stadium and club and to implement FFP rules properly.

Then take that massive pot of surplus money in the PL pot and force it to be spread down the pyramid.

None of which will be seen as free market so just rinse and repeat as little clubs continue to fold......
pre-judging it a bit. I seem to recall a similar reaction to the OUSP which is proving to be well received. Kevin Miles Chief Exec of the Football Supporters Association who has I’m sure looked at this in some detail gives it a cautious welcome from 18.16 at the following link.

we get a mention in here

"Football authorities and several clubs have recognised the benefits that come from
leagues. More recently, the FA has started to establish a Fan Consultation Group
which is due to start meeting in April 2022. We have also noted improvements being
How the hell have Man Utd got a higher billing than us on that? They have no defense or attack.

we get a mention in here

English footballs big three.

pre-judging it a bit. I seem to recall a similar reaction to the OUSP which is proving to be well received. Kevin Miles Chief Exec of the Football Supporters Association who has I’m sure looked at this in some detail gives it a cautious welcome from 18.16 at the following link.

I have more faith in the FSA than other similar organisations.
The problem is football is now a multi-billion £££ business and HMG won`t want to be seen to restrict it.
And with that comes the problems...... you don`t see your local corner shop being "saved" because Lidl/Aldi et al are opening just down the road and football is exactly the same - a business that lives or dies.

I have more faith in the FSA than other similar organisations.
The problem is football is now a multi-billion £££ business and HMG won`t want to be seen to restrict it.
And with that comes the problems...... you don`t see your local corner shop being "saved" because Lidl/Aldi et al are opening just down the road and football is exactly the same - a business that lives or dies.
Agreed and I remain quite sceptical about the impact this will have but your initial reaction which (sorry) was very negative rather triggered me. If it is implemented and indeed is a tick-box exercise, then we can all moan about it - but do give it a chance Old Boy!

Agreed and I remain quite sceptical about the impact this will have but your initial reaction which (sorry) was very negative rather triggered me. If it is implemented and indeed is a tick-box exercise, then we can all moan about it - but do give it a chance Old Boy!

It will be a tick box until such a time as things/conversations get "difficult".

Look at the current "independent regulators" for lessons in efficiency and making a difference.

They are mostly all talk and have no teeth except the occasional hefty financial penalty that makes diddly difference to the majority of customers or consumers.

I can see how this will end up.

Back
Top Bottom