Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Inconsistant, failed to add much if any of the blatant time wasted. Missed Sercombe trying to bum Brannagan , missed the foul a split second before 'nam scored. Actually made , of all people Trevor Kettle, look half competant. Had a pocket full of confetti he wanted to use up, BUT hadnt got the balls to give a second yellow when he should have ....his inexperience really showed, his assistants were equally poor
3 from me

Hopeless. Inconsistent. Only good thing he did was play advantage to allow us to score

The worst thing a ref can do is get big decisions wrong. Whether by luck or skill, the ref today got lucky that the two penalty calls he had to make were BOTH wrong so it sort of evened out, but two huge decisions that he got wrong. Foul on CamBran for their goal was a big miss, but to be fair he missed everything that went on in both boxes from set pieces so at least it was semi consistent - unlike the rest of the performance. Seemed to have some sort of grudge against Sykes in particular. 4 minutes of injury time was beyond a joke. A 2 from me, one point for each penalty call he got wrong.

Missed a blatant foul in the box when they scored.
Was consistent in his inconsistency............. a poor 4 from me.

It is really not acceptable that week after week the EFL allow these incompetent or inexperienced officials to take charge of matches. I want to watch a game of football and not be constantly aggravated by the lack of a decent official. 4 minutes added on? 2 goals, 4 substitutions and 5 yellow cards (2 for time wasting) can anyone actually justify that?
He missed so much in both boxes that he may as well have not been there and, where were the assistants?

The Kettles of this world are one thing but, this level of ineptitude is simply not acceptable.

That thing in black running around the pitch today I think he was lost because he didn't have a clue what he was doing 4 minutes 4 bloody minutes what a joke I actually think he was on a stag do or something I'm not even going to give him a rating he was that bad

3 from me as well. Thought the keeper would have been booked for bringing Taylor down, in which case the keeper should have been red carded for the time wasting. To inconsistent as @Sarge says he made Kettle look good.

Terrible, awful, woeful.

Taylor penalty probably wasn’t one. Thorniley was literally put in headlock after one corner and nothing was done.

4 minutes added time in that second half though was just an absolute travesty. I’d love to watch it again and time how long the ball was out of play…

He wasn't very good bless him and I suspect both sets of supporters agree on that.

Took a fairly firm line on time-wasting though which is to be applauded. (Not that Cheltenham were any worse than most and I include us in that)

He wasn't very good bless him and I suspect both sets of supporters agree on that.

Took a fairly firm line on time-wasting though which is to be applauded. (Not that Cheltenham were any worse than most and I include us in that)
A fairly firm line on time wasting would’ve been to add 8 or 9 minutes 4 wasn’t even allowing for goals substitutions and bookings at 30 seconds apiece forgetting time wasting

A fairly firm line on time wasting would’ve been to add 8 or 9 minutes 4 wasn’t even allowing for goals substitutions and bookings at 30 seconds apiece forgetting time wasting

I was thinking more of the fairly prompt yellow cards.

But yeah, it means nothing given the farcical time-added.

I liked that about him, but he blew it with the 4 mins (and then promptly took two of them up trying to get a free kick we didn't want taken in the right place).

Only when a keeper is given a second yellow for time wasting will anything ever change.

Incidentally, I'd like to see us do the counting how long the keeper has the ball more in order to put pressure on him and ref to do something about it

He was poor. By all accounts our penalty shouldn't have been one. Inconsistent, and his booking of their keeper was completely redundant, given that he was never ever ever going to give him another (and therefore send him off) no matter what he did from then on! Missed a whole load of trips and pulls (many of which were blatant) from both teams. Added time at the end of both halves was a complete joke.

Amazingly enough, worse than Kettle on Wednesday.

There's no point in 'counting' how long a keeper has the ball though - the time rule was changed just to say that the keeper had to get rid of the ball in a 'reasonable' time. Which of course lets the refs off the hook every time!

He was poor. By all accounts our penalty shouldn't have been one. Inconsistent, and his booking of their keeper was completely redundant, given that he was never ever ever going to give him another (and therefore send him off) no matter what he did from then on! Missed a whole load of trips and pulls (many of which were blatant) from both teams. Added time at the end of both halves was a complete joke.
Replay shows Taylor diverting the ball with the tip of his boot, then being clattered by their keeper. Very close and the keeper may have genuinely believed he got a touch but, right decision - penalty.

Replay shows Taylor diverting the ball with the tip of his boot, then being clattered by their keeper. Very close and the keeper may have genuinely believed he got a touch but, right decision - penalty.
Should have been a yellow card as well.

The only way to stop time wasting is to ensure any wasted time is added on by the official.
I remember a suggestion a couple of years ago where timekeeping was done by another official and the ball would have to be in play for 60 minutes.

I remember a suggestion a couple of years ago where timekeeping was done by another official and the ball would have to be in play for 60 minutes.
The only problem with that suggestion is the important people (Sky, the paymasters) won't be able to plan their advertising breaks because every game will have a different 'total running time'. The fact it may make a lot of sense and improve the viewing experience is neither here nor there to them.

The only way to stop time wasting is to ensure any wasted time is added on by the official.
Yes, I have said similar recently. Have a timekeeper and stop the clock when the ball isn't in play. The only way to 'waste time' would be to keep the ball and pass it about!

If the referees started to issue a yellow card for the FIRST time-wasting offence, rather than giving multiple warnings, perhaps players would get the message.

Back
Top Bottom