General Online merchandise sales

What resource are you wanting them to use? It's not just a case of throwing staff at it, they've got to be able to social distance wherever they are sent to work, the club shop out at the stadium is pretty small when you start adding 2m distancing and associated safe working practices in.

My own personal experience in terms of communication was pretty good. I emailed using the query box on the club shop website, I got a response from Claire Theobald (HR & Operations) advising me that the retail teams were furloughed as was Lee Barton (Head of Ticketing & Retail) but she would make sure it got put on a list to be answered when staff returned. Less than 2 hours into his return on 8th June, a chap called Callum Buck from the club shop had emailed me an answer to my query.

"this will certainly mean a reduction in potential revenue for the club without doubt as people have been put off."
Why would people be put off when it was made clear during the advertising for NHS Shirts and Summer Sale that there would be delays in dispatching orders. If anything, I think the backlog in orders that they're now working through show that it's completely the opposite. The revenue stream has been very well used and Tiger's rallying call has been well met.
Completely disagree to your points, I'm sure there has been plenty of time to work out a safe way of working despite the club shop size (or warehouse as stated online). I also know for a fact first hand a few friends decided not to buy merchandise for presents and family due to the lack of movement. I can only assume there's many more people that have been put off. I'm not usually critical of the club.

Last edited:
What resource are you wanting them to use? It's not just a case of throwing staff at it, they've got to be able to social distance wherever they are sent to work, the club shop out at the stadium is pretty small when you start adding 2m distancing and associated safe working practices in.

My own personal experience in terms of communication was pretty good. I emailed using the query box on the club shop website, I got a response from Claire Theobald (HR & Operations) advising me that the retail teams were furloughed as was Lee Barton (Head of Ticketing & Retail) but she would make sure it got put on a list to be answered when staff returned. Less than 2 hours into his return on 8th June, a chap called Callum Buck from the club shop had emailed me an answer to my query.

"this will certainly mean a reduction in potential revenue for the club without doubt as people have been put off."
Why would people be put off when it was made clear during the advertising for NHS Shirts and Summer Sale that there would be delays in dispatching orders. If anything, I think the backlog in orders that they're now working through show that it's completely the opposite. The revenue stream has been very well used and Tiger's rallying call has been well met.

But they said a couple of weeks ago that the warehouse was reopening and they would be dispatching orders again. Now the banner is back saying that the warehouse is closed and the are unable to dispatch orders. Confusing to say the least especially as I have had an email from royal mail saying that my order will be delivered to morrow.:confused:

My guess would be they are clearing the backlog and doing a stock check.

I ordered my NHS shirt on the 14th May I’ve had no such email as of yet with a dispatch date, I don’t have any issues with it due to the current covid-19 situation but this must be having a negative impact on others ordering.

I ordered my NHS shirt on the 14th May I’ve had no such email as of yet with a dispatch date, I don’t have any issues with it due to the current covid-19 situation but this must be having a negative impact on others ordering.
Depends on how quickly people want stuff. I’ve gone back and ordered more t-shirts knowing I won’t see them for a month or so. At £15 a go the puma formstripe t-shirts and the puma graphic t-shirt are decent. Already got some but gone back in for some spares.

Why always so late to launch kits etc, we miss a trick every year FFS!

For most years you have a point, as the kit for the new season should be released right at the end of the old one. But certainly in the retail and fashion industry, almost everything has been halted for the past three months. The club was probably on schedule to deliver a kit when it was March, but considering the whole world went into lockdown (which included kit manufacturing factories), you can understand why a new kit hasn't been released quite yet.

I think too many people are asking the world of what will only be a handful of staff members at the club and a little bit of patience is required in these unusual times.

Also, is there any evidence that you sell more shirts over a season if you release it early?

You can’t simply claim that it being on sale longer makes it necessarily more likely to equate to larger sales over the course of its life.

Personally, I’m never bothered about buying a new shirt (in normal circumstances) until the buzz of a new season starts. I particularly don’t like teams wearing their new shirt at the end of the previous season.

Also, is there any evidence that you sell more shirts over a season if you release it early?

You can’t simply claim that it being on sale longer makes it necessarily more likely to equate to larger sales over the course of its life.

Personally, I’m never bothered about buying a new shirt (in normal circumstances) until the buzz of a new season starts. I particularly don’t like teams wearing their new shirt at the end of the previous season.
You sell more if you have them in stock.

Very disappointed, 2/4 items that I ordered a month ago are now suddenly out of stock so have been refunded.

Do they not have a as Stock Control on all items?

For most years you have a point, as the kit for the new season should be released right at the end of the old one. But certainly in the retail and fashion industry, almost everything has been halted for the past three months. The club was probably on schedule to deliver a kit when it was March, but considering the whole world went into lockdown (which included kit manufacturing factories), you can understand why a new kit hasn't been released quite yet.

I think too many people are asking the world of what will only be a handful of staff members at the club and a little bit of patience is required in these unusual times.

Well apart from all the other clubs who have already launched new kits then.. :rolleyes:

Well apart from all the other clubs who have already launched new kits then.. :rolleyes:

Some have, but most haven't. It's pretty hard to make progress on a kit launch when for three months pretty much all staff have been furloughed (including the head of retail). I think you're being unreasonable.

Some have, but most haven't. It's pretty hard to make progress on a kit launch when for three months pretty much all staff have been furloughed (including the head of retail). I think you're being unreasonable.

I completely understand, but it's one of our few revenue streams so you make it happen one way or another, it's business...

My order arrived today - very pleased, but so glad I ordered a Large rather than my usual Medium. I even measured my chest to confirm lockdown hadn't graced me with some new ”accessories”, turns out it hadn't and that Puma gear runs small. ?

Are they actually selling them yet or have they announced what they are?

A lot, including non-league and lower level women's teams, are already selling next season's kit. An August kit launch would be very disappointing, in my opinion.

Worth a read:

Back
Top Bottom