General Niall McWilliams

They may well be, but it's not relevant to Niall.

It is when he states carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Cos that same thing could apply to other people in other roles across the club.

How much of a proper structure is there to be a top 30 club?

Is he that powerful?
Surely Williams is running the day to day?
Williams lacks a spine and turns to Benson for everything. Benson has a lot more power than his job title suggests.

Niall said he was ready to go once the council approved the land deal, but his treatment since has been appalling.

Oh, ok. Your post seemed to suggest the club were recklessly dispensing with staff who had an attachment to the club. I just thought I’d show that to obviously not be the case.
No one has been sacked have they?

But if you aren’t concerned that long standing members of staff that are fans are jumping ship then fair enough, there are some of us that see that as a big concern.

You always have struggled with understanding what it’s like following a lower league club though due to you supporting Man United.

Any way, this is about NMcW who has been a loyal servant to the club and I wish him nothing but the best.

Good luck in your next venture Niall.

Williams lacks a spine and turns to Benson for everything. Benson has a lot more power than his job title suggests.

Niall said he was ready to go once the council approved the land deal, but his treatment since has been appalling.
In what way? Let's have some details as it seems to contradict what some others are implying.?

So in his leaving comments on the OUFC website, Niall expresses his gratitude for the support he has received in his role at the club.
He specifically name-checks Darryl Eales, Tiger and Grant Ferguson.
What about his current boss, CEO Tim Williams? Nope. Not a mention.
Probably says it all.
In my eyes he’s definitely been ostracised over a number of months, possibly even a year or more which I guess has made him decide to move on.

He used to sit in the main directors area, but over this time hasn’t found the desire/inclination to sit in this area anymore, choosing to stand at the back of the SSU gantry instead.

I personally believe he would have liked to have remained a key figure in relation to the new stadium project, and I would have thought he would have liked to have seen this project through to the end, especially as he was the key person for this project initially, but I guess when you’re not made to feel part of that anymore it must be a hard pill to swallow, hence making a very hard decision to move on to pastures new.

Was he pushed, I guess not, but I certainly don’t think he was made to feel welcome or part of that inner circle that he once was a key player in!

Last edited:
I worked closely with Niall on much of the earlier stadium stuff, including through the Covid period, and we still speak regularly.

I've known about this for a while, and before too many people put two and two together and come up with five, it has been 100% Niall's own decision. It's not right for me to go into the reasons why he's come to his decision, that's for Niall to explain if, and when, he feels the time is right.

What I will say, is that I know just how hard he's worked, particularly on the new stadium, and there have been times where it's felt as if he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. He's earn't his rest, and I know how much he's looking forward to it.

Thanks Niall, I look forward to taking my seat in the new stadium with you mate.
Will that seat be anywhere near Tim by any chance? Presuming he’s still here that is!!

Let’s hope Chris Williams gets his face on the front of the programme on Saturday and maybe McWilliams the next home match after that. The fall out, conspiracy theorem and sheer mischief making bitching could reach new heights on here. Who really gives a sh*t if Tim Williams’ name was mentioned or not - it’s not the end of the bloody world, is it.

Let’s hope Chris Williams gets his face on the front of the programme on Saturday and maybe McWilliams the next home match after that. The fall out, conspiracy theorem and sheer mischief making bitching could reach new heights on here. Who really gives a sh*t if Tim Williams’ name was mentioned or not - it’s not the end of the bloody world, is it.
You really are the master of idiosyncratic posts, aren’t you?
But then again, it’s all a deliberate ploy to engage negatively with others, isn’t it?
Are you enjoying yourself?

So in his leaving comments on the OUFC website, Niall expresses his gratitude for the support he has received in his role at the club.
He specifically name-checks Darryl Eales, Tiger and Grant Ferguson.
What about his current boss, CEO Tim Williams? Nope. Not a mention.
Probably says it all.
I’m not sure it says anything ! Without seeing an org chart i suspect Niall reported to Grant! Just because Tim is CEO doesn’t mean he has all direct reports plus Tim is responsible of footballing operations. The stadium project headed by Niall is likely to have sat outside of Tim’s day to day responsibilities.

Was he pushed, I guess not, but I certainly don’t think he was made to feel welcome or part of that inner circle that he once was a key player in!
This seems pretty pertinent to me.

People seem very focused on “did he jump or was he pushed”, it’s as if no one has every stopped enjoying a job they previously loved because they don’t like or trust the people around/above them.

I am extremely worried how TW is running the club on a day to day over the last 2 years.

Especially considering his boss only pops over to check on things every few weeks/months.

Any evidence to back this statement up? If not, then it is just baseless rubbish.

I am extremely worried how TW is running the club on a day to day over the last 2 years.

Especially considering his boss only pops over to check on things every few weeks/months.
That may or not be true but these days there are many ways to check remotely what your staff are doing.

Any evidence to back this statement up? If not, then it is just baseless rubbish.
Probably just the way they slither their way through the office is a bit of a give away I’d say!

Back
Top Bottom