Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warburton has had an interview. That why I put a £10 bet on him at 66/1

There was another manager out of work who interviewed today, and his name is the same as a place in Oxford.

Not sure any of this is accurate………. (apart from you having a bet, I guess)

Quick by Oxford's standards this time around. Most clubs know their potential target weeks before the trigger is pulled. QPR is one recent example. Critchley's chair was still warm. Not heat loss there!

COYY'S
These clubs had only 1 person they were after. QPR have regularly got it wrong!
Not sure that there can be any criticism of trying to get the best person possible and interviewing a lot if the best options (in a pretty quick timescale)

I think that he would look at it far more positively.
Highest ever budget, the manager gets a lot if autonomy, wanting promotion, new ground hopefully coming, excellent academy with good young players coming through and the board won't sack the manager after a few poor results.
MAPP will not get a better job with his record
I'm completely in agreement here Foley - most Oxford fans will welcome him back given his previous record here and the fact he seems a decent, rational bloke. However, given his overall record and history, I could imagine a lot of fans of other clubs reeling if he were the preferred candidate.

I just want to confirm that, after thinking long and hard about the club's position, I am interested in the vacant manager post at Oxford United.

I ask that you now respect my privacy as I reach out to the club and request a formal interview for the role.

Following a formal enquiry for the role at Oxford, and a detailed explanation for my plans at the club during a call with an administrative assistant, I have been asked to withdraw from the process.

I wish the club the very best in their ongoing search for a new manager.

I listen to talk sport quite regularly.A few weeks ago , they was talking to Lee Bowyer. He said he wanted to get back into management..
I'm surprised his name is not getting mentioned?? Not that I want him here, just saying ....

Following a formal enquiry for the role at Oxford, and a detailed explanation for my plans at the club during a call with an administrative assistant, I have been asked to withdraw from the process.

Well that was a whirlwind 2 minutes!

Okay, thanks, scenario #1.

You have a right-back available for selection, do you?

A) Play him at right-back
B) Play him at left-back
C) Ask on Facebook what a right-back is
D) Go and watch the women's team

Grant McCann now evens, I’d be happy with him or Apps. For some reason I still think Morison is in with a shout. No votes on the poll, so not sure how that would go down with us customers . Blues fan said he still lives in London, always commuted to Cardiff.

Last edited:

B) Play him at left-back
Interestingly that was the only question asked of me during the call. I said I'd play him on the wing without cover, and there would be no left back shortage because I would immediately re -sign Joe Skarz from Golcar United.

B) Play him at left-back
Is option D simply go and watch the women’s team, or is it a KR-esque “go and watch the women’s team”?

Plus you missed option E: “Play him at CB, and play a CB at LB, and play a right sided forward who can’t track back or tackle at RB”.

I've had a look at some of the guys mentioned. Just google 'Interview with.. Des Buckingham' etc

McCann - seems a bit dull, think we need a bit more spark
Steve Morison - young and maybe not enough experience, sounds quite interesting
Buckingham - lots of overseas experience comes across well
Richardson - seems like a sound guy with good experience

I mean really, it ain't that hard. Just leave it to me, don't know why they're taking so long.

I've had a look at some of the guys mentioned. Just google 'Interview with.. Des Buckingham' etc

McCann - seems a bit dull, think we need a bit more spark
Steve Morison - young and maybe not enough experience, sounds quite interesting
Buckingham - lots of overseas experience comes across well
Richardson - seems like a sound guy with good experience

I mean really, it ain't that hard. Just leave it to me, don't know why they're taking so long.

McCann looks and sounds dull and downtrodden. I’d be hoping for a bit more personality in this instance. The players are on the floor, they need scraping up and to start enjoying it again. Not sure McCann is the one to put a spring back in their step.

I still want the double with MAPP and Buckingham. We need a new assistant so hopefully that can be sorted too.
It’s looking like Short will be in charge for tomorrow. Hope to see MAPP observing from above though
I can't see why either one would step back from being a manager to being an assistant. Mapp did before but that was to go to the Premier League and I'd have thought Buckingham will want to continue his progress as a manager having done the backroom staff bit previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom