General Multi ball

OX14

Have I missed something? Why do we only have one football avaliable that the ball boys have to go and retrieve or wait for it to come back from the stands. The only time another football is used is when the one in play goes over the fence and then the fourth official gets one out. Now pre covid every ball boy had a ball that would be given as soon as the one in play went out. I've watched a couple of Premier league games recently and they have implemented multiball in them games. The amount of time wasted yesterday with the ball going down the tunnel, into the segregation in the North stand and in to the four corners of the ground didn't help with an already time wasting team in Burton.

Have I missed something? Why do we only have one football avaliable that the ball boys have to go and retrieve or wait for it to come back from the stands. The only time another football is used is when the one in play goes over the fence and then the fourth official gets one out. Now pre covid every ball boy had a ball that would be given as soon as the one in play went out. I've watched a couple of Premier league games recently and they have implemented multiball in them games. The amount of time wasted yesterday with the ball going down the tunnel, into the segregation in the North stand and in to the four corners of the ground didn't help with an already time wasting team in Burton.
It was a bit weird wasn't it?

My kids asked if the club only had one ball :ROFLMAO:

Oh I know this one. After criticism that the ball was only in play for less than an hour in some PL games, they added a new rule to the EPL Handbook this summer which mandates that the "ball assistants" must have additional matchballs to return to the nearest player so as to not unduly delay the restart of the game.

The EFL permit a multiball system to be used but I believe it is at the discretion of the home team to provide and for the referee to allow on a match by match basis.

Oh I know this one. After criticism that the ball was only in play for less than an hour in some PL games, they added a new rule to the EPL Handbook this summer which mandates that the "ball assistants" must have additional matchballs to return to the nearest player so as to not unduly delay the restart of the game.

The EFL permit a multiball system to be used but I believe it is at the discretion of the home team to provide and for the referee to allow on a match by match basis.
Interesting....

A cynic might suggest we've got half a squad, propped up by kids who aren't ready for the rough and tumble of League 1 = no multiball at the Kassam for the forseeable.

I can see the ball disappearing into the crowd for long periods if it's a close score......

Interesting....

A cynic might suggest we've got half a squad, propped up by kids who aren't ready for the rough and tumble of League 1 = no multiball at the Kassam for the forseeable.

I can see the ball disappearing into the crowd for long periods if it's a close score......

The Bristol Rovers approach. Just need to get the ball boys to do nothing or actively impede the opposition getting the ball.

We need multi ball but with multiple balls in play at the same time. Introduce an additional ball every 10 minutes as it may put pressure on the Ref to actually play enough time rather than 20-25 minutes in a half. :)

Anyone who watched Celtic-Rangers would know how much Celtic use it to their benefit, they were taking throw ins before Rangers players had even turned to look at the game after the ball went out, caught them on the break several times, every ball boy was getting it to the players immediately every time it went out

If nothing else it would save us from the slow, rubbish throw ins we always take

Why don't they invent the football machine, just like the tennis ball machine

Because it's Ali Baba in China. Too big a company to be directly dangerous but all obtained info goes to the Chinese government.

Back
Top Bottom