EPL Mitrovich

Grumpy Git

I suspect a 6 to 9 game ban. You touch the ref and you should suffer.

What is it with twats like him? VAR is a recording of the incident, if the ref says some is being sent o, take it on the chin. Don’t shove the ref. Willian, tried to stop a goal, it hit his hand, he had to go and a penalty was going to be awarded. So Mitovich has cost Fulham big time. Dickhead.

Compare and contrast with Freddie Stewards sending off in the Rugby.
Players interviewed on the radio said "Its the refs call not ours, its their job" 🤷‍♂️

He’s a quality player but a vile hot head!

Fantastic performance from the ref. Didn’t bottle it and let VAR intervene (if it can for that kinda incident?)

IMO it's about time they clamped down on shouting/swearing at the officials,
(Some) consistency amongst referees from PL to L2 would be welcome

thing is L1 level referees ( and their assistants) seem to let all manner of blatant transgressions go unpunished

i hope his team mates are giving him a hard time. At 1-1 and 10 v 11 they would have had a chance. At 1-1 and 9 v 11 with their main striker off the pitch, they didn't. And their manager is a pillock as well.
How often have teams gone down to 10 and have looked stronger for it. Fulham were by far the better side up until the handball. Mitrovich handed Man U a semi-final spot.
This will affect their league position too. Losing your main striker (as we know) costs you points.

There is no doubt Mitrovich got what he deserved, not only for the physical contact, but the way he loomed over the referee after the red card was outrageous. Players at the top level have an obligation to set an example to those at grass roots level. He shouldn't play again this season.

It makes you wonder why Fernandes didn't get a red card when he pushed the linesman during the defeat to Liverpool. Also, a few weeks ago a couple of players were booked for being the "third man on the scene". I haven't seen that enforced since.
Until the referees are consistent in their punishment for "dissent" then players will continue to push the boundaries.

Until the referees are consistent in their punishment for "dissent" then players will continue to push the boundaries.

I've said this before but what it needs is an authority, be it the PL, EFL or FA, to make an announcement, and then very publicly back the referees.

I've no idea why they don't or won't, unless they don't take the matter particularly seriously.

Mitrovic needs a very long ban to send a message. Consistency though on taking action and as others have referred to the failure with Fernandes shows up the problem with that.

I also think action should taken against Man Utd for crowding the Ref over the handball. 1 or 2 I get but Man Utd have 5 or 6 all close/surrounding the Ref shouting at him. And why was Maguire in the Ref's face after the Mitrovic incident, he had no need, whatsoever, to be there considering the Ref had already sent off Mitrovic.

This is where var can help.

Retrospective yellows to anyone getting involved unnecessarily will soon make a difference.

Perhaps the ref could give a signal of some sort to indicate when such a move should take place?

It seems an easy solve, only the captain can approach the ref and an automatic long ban of if you deliberately touch the ref but no footballing authority seems to want to do it so I am guessing they don't really give a s**t. Refs are idiots for putting up with it though so not to much sympathy for them.

I've said this before but what it needs is an authority, be it the PL, EFL or FA, to make an announcement, and then very publicly back the referees.

I've no idea why they don't or won't, unless they don't take the matter particularly seriously.

I agree wholeheartedly. Another thing that doesn't help the situation is when pundits spend ages analysing refereeing decisions. It completely undermines the ref's position and makes people at all levels of the game feel they have the right to get stuck into the ref over every decision they make.

Nah that was just passion from Mitrovic the ref shouldn't have been so silly in sending Willian off after all he didn't mean to handle the ball he just forgot he weren't the goalie

A friend of mine refs at a high level in the local leagues- cup finals etc. He also plays in a team of refs and he says they are the biggest whiners and dissenters of any team he comes across.

No excusing Mitrovich though.

I am no rugby fan but boy do they get the ref/player interaction right and it puts football to shame.

I agree with most of the comments on here but would go further and give him a 6 month ban.

I’m a grassroots referee and if a player pushed me in that way he’d probably be looking at a 6 month ban from all forms of football (playing, training, spectating), plus a big fine, so I don’t see why a pro shouldn’t get at least the same.

I agree with most of the comments on here but would go further and give him a 6 month ban.

I’m a grassroots referee and if a player pushed me in that way he’d probably be looking at a 6 month ban from all forms of football (playing, training, spectating), plus a big fine, so I don’t see why a pro shouldn’t get at least the same.
6 months?!
Suarez got 10 games for BITING a player!
Di Canio got banned for 11 games for pushing a ref over.
John Terry got a 4 game ban for using racist language towards Ferdinand!

He grabbed the refs arm and rightly got sent off and should and will get more than 3 games but to say 6 months is ridiculous and way OTT.

It is wrong, but I have no sympathy for the authorities, it’s just an extension of the pressure they get from players and coaches which the authorities have had every opportunity to stop.

Like the other scourges of the modern game, time-wasting and simulation, until the authorities become competent and deal with this stuff it’s on them too.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom