• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

Ex Player Matt Taylor

MT is still under contract until the end of June and the transfer window isn't open yet.
You can sign a pre-contract from January when in the last year of a contract I believe, and the transfer window doesn't mean he can't sign, just can't have his playing registration transferred, which wouldn't be a problem as we have no games. I'd also suggest that if MT came to Oxford and asked to be released a month early so he could sign elsewhere that we would allow it.

I still don't believe it however.

You can sign a pre-contract from January when in the last year of a contract I believe, and the transfer window doesn't mean he can't sign, just can't have his playing registration transferred, which wouldn't be a problem as we have no games. I'd also suggest that if MT came to Oxford and asked to be released a month early so he could sign elsewhere that we would allow it.

I still don't believe it however.
Can only sign for clubs outside of England from Jan, think it’s like the last week of May & then you are free to speak to clubs at the end of your contract but we all know that people will be talking behind the scenes. He will know who’s interested in him and who isn’t

Can only sign for clubs outside of England from Jan, think it’s like the last week of May & then you are free to speak to clubs at the end of your contract but we all know that people will be talking behind the scenes. He will know who’s interested in him and who isn’t
Thanks for that, reading up on the rule it is like that for an all-English transfer to prevent the situation of a player appearing in a match for his current side and playing against the team he has signed a pre-contract for. Makes sense.

I can hardly believe Fulton MacKay the actor played Mr MacKay the screw. I spent hours the other day trying to remember the character's name.

He also played a good part in “Some Mothers Do Av em” the RAF reunion intelligence exam, with Michael Crawford (Frank Spencer). As you can imagine it all went tits up for Frank.

He also played a good part in “Some Mothers Do Av em” the RAF reunion intelligence exam, with Michael Crawford (Frank Spencer). As you can imagine it all went tits up for Frank.
He was also in Fraggle Rock for those of a similar age. IMDB says he was the Captain, but I thought his character was a lighthouse keeper? Perhaps a lighthouse keeper called Captain.

Sadly Mackay died at 64.

He was also in Fraggle Rock for those of a similar age. IMDB says he was the Captain, but I thought his character was a lighthouse keeper? Perhaps a lighthouse keeper called Captain.

Sadly Mackay died at 64.
According to Wikipedia:
UK Version – In the UK version, the Doc role was changed to the Captain (portrayed by Fulton Mackay). He is a retired sailor living in a rocky-sea lighthouse (which was portrayed by the St. Anthony's Lighthouse located near Falmouth, Cornwall) with his version of Sprocket.

Back
Top Bottom