General Manager Sack Watch

Adam Murray sacked as AFC Fylde manager ( after losing 3-0 to Oxford City)

On another note, I see that Bradford sacked Mark Hughes BEFORE they played (and beat) Swindon at the weekend.

They have seriously outperformed expectations so far this season, so don’t understand this at all.

They have form - they previously sacked Gary Rowett in mid-December 2016 when they were going well and threatening the playoffs, in order to appoint Gianfranco Zola (seemingly because they wanted a bigger name). He almost took them down the same season!

Some clubs just cannot get out of their own way.

They have form - they previously sacked Gary Rowett in mid-December 2016 when they were going well and threatening the playoffs, in order to appoint Gianfranco Zola (seemingly because they wanted a bigger name). He almost took them down the same season!

Some clubs just cannot get out of their own way.
The new owners are linked to Rooney (between the CEO and Rooney's agent) so they always wanted him, but he wasn't available before.

Rooney according to bbc football gossip has been offered the job, on a salary that’s 3 times greater that eustace was on!, what a daft state of affairs

Seems to.me the really strange thing is that aging rocker Garth Ainsworth still has a job. Hasn't he?

The new owners are linked to Rooney (between the CEO and Rooney's agent) so they always wanted him, but he wasn't available before.

It's such a backwards appointment, though.

At a time when almost all the best young managers in the game are young, smart and got into coaching early after mediocre-to-non-existent playing careers (Eddie Howe, Rob Edwards, Kieran McKenna, Liam Manning etc. etc.), and when the recent crop of high profile England stars have at best done average jobs when they been handed plum management gigs, and at worst fallen on their faces (Gerrard, Lampard, Gary Neville, Sol Campbell etc. etc.)......

......why exactly would you decide to can your promising young manager who's got you overperforming in the Championship in order to bring in the former England hero who's just been fired for under-performance by the mighty D.C. United?!?

It’ a social media thing is it not? Increase clicks to try and rival Wreaxham’s celebrity ownership (not that i had heard of either before the purchase) and fulfill a vanity project

It’ a social media thing is it not? Increase clicks to try and rival Wreaxham’s celebrity ownership (not that i had heard of either before the purchase) and fulfill a vanity project
Yes, don't Birmingham have the gimmick US celebrity ownership thing going on too at the moment with the NFL guy?

Who actually owns Birmingham nowadays I heard there was some American called tom Brady don't know anything about him other than he used to play American rugby

Their stadium is falling apart they were in major debt under the honk Kong owners ( are they still around) it's crazy

majority shareholder is a US hedge fund with Tom Brady a minority holder I believe

Rooney is an experienced manager, but, the experience doesn’t include success.

Eustace saved Birmingham from relegation and this season they’re playing well. The board have now decided that 6th isn’t good enough and want a big name manager to take them on. Rooney was a brilliant player, but has done sod all in management, so why have they gone down this route? Wealthy American owners who have experience and success in American Football where there are controls on money spent and no relegation, does not mean their success will translate across the pond.
We will see, Rooney might do well, but his contemporaries Lampard and Gerrard have failed to make a mark.

Rooney is an experienced manager, but, the experience doesn’t include success.

Eustace saved Birmingham from relegation and this season they’re playing well. The board have now decided that 6th isn’t good enough and want a big name manager to take them on. Rooney was a brilliant player, but has done sod all in management, so why have they gone down this route? Wealthy American owners who have experience and success in American Football where there are controls on money spent and no relegation, does not mean their success will translate across the pond.
We will see, Rooney might do well, but his contemporaries Lampard and Gerrard have failed to make a mark.
It makes you realise how good our owners have been to date.
As well as the Stadium, rather than a 'big name' appointment, they signed off Manning as manager.

The comments from the new American owners if Birmingham ('no fear culture' 'winning mentality') with regard to the likely bringing in Rooney and firing of Eustace is frankly ridiculous

Who actually owns Birmingham nowadays I heard there was some American called tom Brady don't know anything about him other than he used to play American rugby

Their stadium is falling apart they were in major debt under the honk Kong owners ( are they still around) it's crazy
The stadium is pretty much sorted now - final bit due to reopen in a couple of months. The issues come back from the Sullivan(?) times when they rebuilt the side and end terraces as stands - someone did it on the cheap and didn't excavate out, they just built the steel structure directly on top of contaminated spoil that included asbestos - unsurprisingly all the crap against the steel frame led to corrosion.

Back
Top Bottom