Matches Lincoln Postponed

Oxymoron

Thank goodness for that !

Wow....consider my flabber well and truly ghasted!

I simply can't get over the fact that we have players that are still attracting attention of International teams!

Christ they must be desperate!

So 3 home games in a week:-
Sat 13 April Peterborough
Tues 16 Lincoln
Sat 20 April Stevenage
mmmmmm! what could possibly go wrong?

Wow....consider my flabber well and truly ghasted!

I simply can't get over the fact that we have players that are still attracting attention of International teams!

Christ they must be desperate!

Could be that Lincoln have the international players as they have, at least, a few from Ireland iirc.

It’s a bloody joke, it’s killing the clubs, smaller attendances on a Tuesday, no home game for 3 weeks and sometimes 3 home games in 10 days.

To be honest, I'm glad. Right now it's becoming a bit of a chore watching Oxford. Hopefully by the next home game we will have had a change of manager and the club can begin getting out of the rut it's in.

To be honest, I'm glad. Right now it's becoming a bit of a chore watching Oxford. Hopefully by the next home game we will have had a change of manager and the club can begin getting out of the rut it's in.
We are not going to change our manager.

Why ? No manager is unsackable, least of all a novice lower league manager with Des's record.
I think people are being realistic when they say there won’t be a change in manager come the next home game. The only way there will be is if we get another thumping on Saturday to Vale (that isn’t an excuse for you to just stroll about again Ruben).

It's a shame that it's been postponed.

I'm unavailable on the 23rd March

Why ? No manager is unsackable, least of all a novice lower league manager with Des's record.

Because - to repeat myself again - they just paid out hundreds of thousands of pounds to bring him in, and Tim Williams knows that if he goes to the Board asking for several more hundreds of thousands to sack him just four months later (just twelve months after almost getting us relegated by sticking with KR for way, way too long), then he may as well start boxing things up in his office.

It's not a question of should we fire him, it's a matter of will we fire him - given the status and motivations of those who will be making the decision.

Regardless, the Lincoln postponement is great news not because I think we will necessarily have sorted everything out by then......but because there's a chance that Lincoln might have cooled off. Right now, there may not be a team playing (relative to their league) as well as them anywhere in English football.

Because - to repeat myself again - they just paid out hundreds of thousands of pounds to bring him in, and Tim Williams knows that if he goes to the Board asking for several more hundreds of thousands to sack him just four months later (just twelve months after almost getting us relegated by sticking with KR for way, way too long), then he may as well start boxing things up in his office.

It's not a question of should we fire him, it's a matter of will we fire him - given the status and motivations of those who will be making the decision.

Regardless, the Lincoln postponement is great news not because I think we will necessarily have sorted everything out by then......but because there's a chance that Lincoln might have cooled off. Right now, there may not be a team playing (relative to their league) as well as them anywhere in English football.
Well if the fate of Des gets rid of Williams his tenure won't have been completely in vain.

Back
Top Bottom