Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be a positive, Schumacher and McKenna did exceptional jobs getting promoted from League One having never managed a senior team previously

True. And Mousinho is doing alright as well. Schumacher was basically a continuation of what they had, still had a job to do though. McKenna eventually found his feet and got Ipswich moving. There's no guarantees in anything but I imagine the Ipswich and Plymouth decision makers had sleepless nights over those choices at the time. Williams, in particular, comes with a bit of form. Admittedly nothing certain though.

Maybe that's the problem and why we keep losing players if staff are seen as an easy touch and no trigger guards are put in place on contracts it's hardly going to deter other clubs from making approaches.

Mind you astute financial acumen have never been this clubs strong suit.

The last few years has seen a number of players transferred to bigger clubs for worryingly small fees.

Not a recent problem either remember Aldo and Houghton going Scouse for a pitiful 500k each?

It's possible some at the club are throwing out information wether true or not to get the general feeling of the fanbase.

I was told Buckingham had it in the bag and it was just logistics to sort etc but others have said it's still an ongoing process to decide who gets the job.

Buckingham wasn't my choice out of who is available and I can't help feel because he was born in Oxford and has been around the club before that fans want him for that reason alone rather than what he has actually achieved on his CV.
I was told the same, I was told they did the second interviews yesterday & he was offered it yesterday afternoon and it was just logistics and him getting sorted over here & obviously finalising compensation with Mumbai. Things change in football but that’s what I heard.

Maybe that's the problem and why we keep losing players if staff are seen as an easy touch and no trigger guards are put in place on contracts it's hardly going to deter other clubs from making approaches.

The last few years has seen a number of players transferred to bigger clubs for worryingly small fees.

Not a recent problem either remember Aldo and Houghton going Scouse for a pitiful 500k each
?
well said

I was told the same, I was told they did the second interviews yesterday & he was offered it yesterday afternoon and it was just logistics and him getting sorted over here & obviously finalising compensation with Mumbai. Things change in football but that’s what I heard.
Who told you then? And why would they do that? They can't be very professional.

Who told you then? And why would they do that? They can't be very professional.
I’m not going to reveal who told me, if you ask enough questions, you’ll find people who know the answers. No need for me to reveal who told me. Only relaying what I was told, don’t see what people get so angry about. It’s a forum for rumours and information.

All these candidates, but at least the favourite for the Rotherham job hasn't been mentioned in relation to us!Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 15.58.52.png

Not a recent problem either remember Aldo and Houghton going Scouse for a pitiful 500k each?
From memory I think Aldo was around £850k and Houghton £725k

I’m not going to reveal who told me, if you ask enough questions, you’ll find people who know the answers. No need for me to reveal who told me. Only relaying what I was told, don’t see what people get so angry about. It’s a forum for rumours and information.
My actual mates are more discreet than that when they're recruiting at work. I just find it odd that a fairly big and high profile business should be so leaky - if it actually is.

So why didn't we do the same with Manning?

I assume we were going for the 'wait and see' approach. I can understand why we went for the rolling contract with Manning initially after the massive payoff we had to give Robinson.

Notts County hired Williams in July 2022, and then gave him the big contract the following January when he had them top of the league.

Suspect we might have done the same with Manning, only Bristol stepped in sooner than we expected anyone to.....

My actual mates are more discreet than that when they're recruiting at work. I just find it odd that a fairly big and high profile business should be so leaky - if it actually is.
Everyone has someone they know. I have no reason to doubt the person who told me. It could be wrong info, I simply repeated what he said he’d been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom