Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely furious that more people aren't more angry about things they should be, quite frankly psychotic about. I mean, forget reason that's so old school.
It's rage we need more of.

"Mumbai City FC head coach Des Buckingham has joined English third division side Oxford United, Sportstar can confirm. He will take over from Craig Short, who has been the caretaker manager of Oxford since February 2023."

Cheers for stepping up to be caretaker for the last 9 months Shorty.

"Mumbai City FC head coach Des Buckingham has joined English third division side Oxford United, Sportstar can confirm. He will take over from Craig Short, who has been the caretaker manager of Oxford since February 2023."

They've completely erased Manning's spell in that article!

Buckinghams final Mumbai City FC match was a narrow 2-0 defeat to Al-Hilal in the Asian Champions League. After going down to 10 men they conceded 2 goals to a side featuring Koulibaly, Ruben Neves, Malcolm and Mitrovic.

They've completely erased Manning's spell in that article!
There are that many snakes in their country, they just ignore the odd one.

Announced by Mumbai 😳

However, this is the source.

It's a game of 'spot the errors'.

'He will take over from Craig Short, who has been the caretaker manager of Oxford since February 2023.'
Nope.

Subheading: 'Mumbai City FC manager Des Buckingham has joined English third division side Oxford United, the Indian Super League side announced on Thursday.'

Later in the article: 'The club has not announced the departure officially but Sportstar understands that Oxford United had to pay a “healthy compensation package” to secure the services of the former New Zealand youth coach.'

So they haven't announced he has left then, despite what it says above?

It sounds as though Dishy Des is happening but it looks as though 'Sportstar' have taken on a few OM staff in the meantime.

How is this going to work with E-I-E-I-E-I-O? Will we call him Dessie or Bucky? And if the former is it pronounced Dess-y or Dez-y? Something for his first press conference.

Last edited:
Jerome Sale has confirmed Buckingham is joining - currently saying goodbye to the staff and players in Mumbai and flying over.

Always good to say goodbye.
Should have done a Manning and not told the players

How is this going to work with E-I-E-I-E-I-O? Will will call him Dessie or Bucky? And if the former is it pronounced Dess-y or Dez-y? Something for his first press conference.
I quite like 'Young Buck'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom