General League One Agent’s Fees

andystroud

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but it makes a good conversation piece.

OUFC are mid-table (9th).

Overall £5.2m going out of the game and into agent’s pockets!
It seems that Derby’s financial worries are well and truly resolved.
Ditto Reading, who splashed £400k on agents alone.
WTF is happening at Fleetwood!?

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpeg
    IMG_3879.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 45
Reading are taking the P**s yet according to the media we had to feel sorry for them when their fans caused a game to be abandoned and should accept they didn't get a points deduction.
Yep, Savage, Knibbs, Smith etc all playing for peanuts and poor little reading on the breadline.

It’s Plucky Wycombe all over again with McCleary and Sam Vokes.

Reading are taking the P**s yet according to the media we had to feel sorry for them when their fans caused a game to be abandoned and should accept they didn't get a points deduction.
I thought about this the other day when I saw Port Vale slump to another defeat.

With Port Vale looking a real candidate for the drop, I do wonder of the impact of the pitch invasion match on their season. They went into the original fixture off the back of coming back 3 times against Charlton and snatching a point in the 92nd minute. The rearranged fixture was played off the back of a damaging 3-2 loss away at Cheltenham. It was also midweek, and only 222 travelled for it (completely understandable given what played out the first time).

If they end up getting relegated then it's a bit of a leap to say that they would have definitely survived had the original fixture played out in full, but also, nobody would ever know.

It's where the 'think of the fans' argument gets my back up whenever one club hits a troubling time. If you don't penalise them properly, then it's the fans of other innocent clubs that can end up paying the price. A bit like when Wigan overspent their way to a promotion and MK Dons missed out. MK Dons then got relegated out of League 1 the following season.

Back
Top Bottom