League One League 1 transfers - Summer 2021 (non Oxford)

What can they do? Nothing

They'll be limited by the FFP rules that existed before the salary cap. They could introduce the money as equity but I think the £40m is a somewhat fanciful suggestion albeit it will be a big increase for them I reckon.

They've also sold Dozzell for £1m apparently and will no doubt get fees for some of the other younger promising players they've made available. Freddie Sears has also left Ipswich to sign for Colchester on a free transfer.

Last edited:
Cheltenham have signed keeper Owen Evans from Wigan on a free transfer. They had him on loan for part of last season.

MK Dons have signed Argentinian keeper Franco Ravizzoli from Eastbourne Borough.

New(ish) owners so I'd assume they've increased their budgets.
In line with what? They can’t Use the ffp model and 49 million is over spending, then again apparently we are going to have new owners so would we get an increase in our budget?

In line with what? They can’t Use the ffp model and 49 million is over spending, then again apparently we are going to have new owners so would we get an increase in our budget?

Owners can put money in as equity and then use it for budgets so they could do it this way. They'll be doing it the same way as many others.

Owners can put money in as equity and then use it for budgets so they could do it this way. They'll be doing it the same way as many others.
I really hope we dont start overspending madly, even if it is allowed. It will all go down on a balance sheet and may have to be repaid one day.

I thought ffp was based on your income to try and clubs from overspending and not paying their bills which in the past has put companies binvolved with sales to the club struggling and some companies going into liquidation and also to prevent suppliers and so forth putting clubs into administration.
I read somewhere last season if AFC Bournemouth didn’t get promoted back into the premiership they will be heavily in debt and will struggle financially. Personally I don’t care if Bournemouth go into financial meltdown as they cheated but spending money they didn’t earn and had to rely on Max Denim who has said any transfer activity must mad e by club sales.

I thought ffp was based on your income to try and clubs from overspending and not paying their bills which in the past has put companies binvolved with sales to the club struggling and some companies going into liquidation and also to prevent suppliers and so forth putting clubs into administration.
I read somewhere last season if AFC Bournemouth didn’t get promoted back into the premiership they will be heavily in debt and will struggle financially. Personally I don’t care if Bournemouth go into financial meltdown as they cheated but spending money they didn’t earn and had to rely on Max Denim who has said any transfer activity must mad e by club sales.

Iirc under FFP, equity and the cash raised from it can be used as it is not debt and therefore can be classed as income.

Iirc under FFP, equity and the cash raised from it can be used as it is not debt and therefore can be classed as income.
Is that right?
An odd description of income but at least it avoids clubs being saddled with lots of debt so I kind of see the logic

Given our history and how success largely came our way does it not show that when it suits yourselves people tend to remain quiet

Back
Top Bottom