Fan's View Karl Robinson

KR has led the club superbly in the last week especially .
Totally agree - proper leadership - really understands the players, the fans, and the owners and makes sure we all come together as one so we can win an important football match but more importantly pay proper tribute to a club legend and support his family.

He makes such an effort to learn the history and heritage of the clubs he joins (admittedly not much to do in that department when he was MK Dons manager!). He doesn’t have to and he could view the job from a very functional perspective but he chooses not to. He gets what football fandom is all about and not just from a general view but from our specific, Oxford-centric viewpoint.

It’s great. We could level a number of things against him but he genuinely cares and makes the effort when he doesn’t have to. We should be grateful for that.

Thanks, KR. Good man.

Last edited:
The way he has been since Joey's passing has been beyond exemplary. Yes, sometimes tactically he can be outdone, but he is still a really solid manager on the pitch who is exemplary off the pitch and really learns, and embraces the history of the club and the fans every day. I'm proud to have him as our manager this week.

I think its a bit insulting almost to suggest Robinson has stepped up in the wake of Joeys untimely passing. He‘s been a class act from the minute he walked in. I’ve said it before but when he’s no longer our manager any doubting fans we will realise just what a class act he is - on both the football and humane fronts. Enjoy him while he’s here because I doubt any other manager will embrace Oxford United quite like he has.

I’ve had my moans in the past about KR mainly over his transfers “ getting business done early and then not until the last week so to speak. But his handling of the Joey situation seeing him after the game walking round with his daughters was a above and beyond, much respect indeed Karl.👍

Last edited:
Karl has shown yet again that he is a very caring and good human being. I am immensely proud of the sympathetic and wonderful way the club have dealt with the devestating news of Joey’s death and Karl has been at the forefront of that. In my humble opinion he is a fine manager and we are very lucky to have him. Like all managers he makes mistakes but he really gets what Oxford United is all about.

He makes such an effort to learn the history and heritage of the clubs he joins (admittedly not much to do in that department when he was MK Dons manager!). He doesn’t have to and he could view the job from a very functional perspective but he chooses not to. He gets what football fandom is all about and not just from a general view but from our specific, Oxford-centric viewpoint.

It’s great. We could level a number of things against him but he genuinely cares and makes the effort when he doesn’t have it. We should be grateful for that.

Thanks, KR. Good man.
Well said - I personally hope he gets us up into the championship and Is around when the U’s have a new home in Kidlington. #up the manor - RIP Joey Beauchamp

The things this Football Club does on the wider scale is absolutely superb. When my Dad was seriously ill during lockdown somebody arranged for Rosie to call my Dad and thank him for his support over the many years…. It was a very moving moment when he got the call.

I think Robbo had planned to do similar but unfortunately it wasn’t to be 😢

Karl Robinson and Rosie are two gentlemen of the highest order and I’m super proud of everything they do for OUFC and it’s extended family - particularly today! 💛👏🏻

I’m a fan of Robinson’s and echo all the sentiments above, especially his words and actions this week. But it must be said he’s not perfect and our goals conceded this season is both the reason we aren’t top and directly his fault 😂😂
On days like today I can’t complain and no, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone else.

I’m a fan of Robinson’s and echo all the sentiments above, especially his words and actions this week. But it must be said he’s not perfect and our goals conceded this season is both the reason we aren’t top and directly his fault 😂😂
On days like today I can’t complain and no, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone else.
I know I'd prefer a 4:2 victory to a 2:0 victory. Let's face it, it's an entertainment industry!

The things this Football Club does on the wider scale is absolutely superb. When my Dad was seriously ill during lockdown somebody arranged for Rosie to call my Dad and thank him for his support over the many years…. It was a very moving moment when he got the call.

I think Robbo had planned to do similar but unfortunately it wasn’t to be 😢

Karl Robinson and Rosie are two gentlemen of the highest order and I’m super proud of everything they do for OUFC and it’s extended family - particularly today! 💛👏🏻
I got a call of Rosie during the lockdown it is a nice thing to for and on behalf of the club, it kept the fans going during a time of uncertainty and was much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom