Transfer News Jodi Jones

Should we sign Jodi Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Seems to have had a good few pre season games, with a great goal against Eastleigh.

Simple vote, sign him?

Let’s see what he can produce against some meaningful opposition. No disrespect to the clubs we’ve played so far, but Coventry and West Brom, and Wimbledon are better yardsticks.

If he continues to show promise and form then it’s an ok from me. The deal has to be right though for the club, because we have to be honest his injury record is appalling.

Not sure what more we need to see. He's got proven ability in L1 & the Championship anyway so it's really just a case of proving his fitness at this point and everything you read about him over the past 12 months is that he's in great shape. We did the right thing taking him to Spain and letting him play the last 2 games and consensus is he was one of the brighter players on both occasions. I don't think the friendlies to come will teach us anything we don't already know. If I'm KR at this point I wouldn't overthink it - just get him in the door and focus our energy on the next one - we aren't short of space for him.

Not sure what more we need to see. He's got proven ability in L1 & the Championship anyway so it's really just a case of proving his fitness at this point and everything you read about him over the past 12 months is that he's in great shape. We did the right thing taking him to Spain and letting him play the last 2 games and consensus is he was one of the brighter players on both occasions. I don't think the friendlies to come will teach us anything we don't already know. If I'm KR at this point I wouldn't overthink it - just get him in the door and focus our energy on the next one - we aren't short of space for him.
But as been said before , his wage could be a big budget and for a player who may only play half a season ?

On balance, he looks like he is worth the risk - as long as there is sufficient cover out wide for if he breaks down (and knowing KR, there will be!).

But as been said before , his wage could be a big budget and for a player who may only play half a season ?
I don't think JJ has the leverage to ask for big money unless he is inundated with other offers but he will have a quality of life to maintain. I'd expect him to be on a similar deal to Bodin (i.e. not the cheapest but more flexible/performance-related) and hopefully we learn our lesson and bolt on an optional extension just in case he exceeds expectations.

Ok I am in , with the above comments giving great points:sneaky: , sign him KK .

Obvious quality but I'm afraid it's a no from me.
Long, Gorrin, Henry, Browne, Bodin, Baldock all need TLC. For me the profile of our new recruits is simple and discussed to the point where I'm even boring myself.

Obvious quality but I'm afraid it's a no from me.
Long, Gorrin, Henry, Browne, Bodin, Baldock all need TLC. For me the profile of our new recruits is simple and discussed to the point where I'm even boring myself.
Even for yellows forum that makes no sense? So a right back, a CDM, a striker and 3 players that can all play behind the strikers or out wide need to be looked after which means we don’t sign another wide player which we need?

Even for yellows forum that makes no sense? So a right back, a CDM, a striker and 3 players that can all play behind the strikers or out wide need to be looked after which means we don’t sign another wide player which we need?
I think what he is saying is we have enough players who have experienced reoccurring and/or long term serious injuries and/or coming back from such injuries or who need to be managed. We run the risk of having a lot of players out injured. I get what he is saying, we need more players with good fitness records. I agree with him to a degree.

Last edited:
I think what he is saying is we have enough players who have experienced reoccurring and/or long term serious injuries and/or coming back from such injuries or who need to be managed. We run the risk of having a lot of players out injured. I get what he is saying, we need more players with good fitness records. I agree with him to a degree.
Thanks for clearing it up, it does make sense now but I also think Jones is worth the risk a bit like Bodin was. His contract will reflect that too.

Quality player, obviously can not pass a medical, hence Reading only needing a week.

Last edited:
No medical was undertaken at Reading.
Come off it! So a player turns up for just one week to prove themself and is back with us after spending 3 weeks? And were not pulling his arm off to sign for us, with such quality? He's a crock, Reading did their diligence!!,

Come off it! So a player turns up for just one week to prove themself and is back with us after spending 3 weeks? And were not pulling his arm off to sign for us, with such quality? He's a crock, Reading did their diligence!!,

His agent arranged for him to go to Spain with us and to then meet up with Reading. Both clubs would have completed some initial due diligence and the fitness testing would have added to that.

Jones has barely played in years and wants to join a club where he's likely to be involved regularly. We offer that more than Reading and a deal has been offered to him which I'm certain he'll sign.

Back
Top Bottom