Transfer News Jamie Mackie signs!

Welcome Jamie!!

I don’t think this was KR 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice option but we have obviously missed out on those (or could still happen). I hope he does well, just throwing it out there should we have kept Wes Thomas another season? Depends who else we bring in but I’m starting to think we should have!!

Right so is this one of the players who KR was wetting himself about last night? One of the players that Eastward read on the list and it made him stay?

I know people will say I’m being negative but totally underwhelming.
1 in 15
1 in 18
4 in 20

Oh but he’s more of a set up man, a players player? Yeah 7 assists in 53 games!
You're being negative, and very boring

Jamie mackie 32 yr old striker whos birthday is in september so we just basically handed a 2 yr deal to a 33 yr old who was on championship wages and want him to play as a lone striker or run about on the wing sat tues sat not impressed at all cant see why we done that
And that's why you don't manage a football club

Championship and majority on wing. The jump between championship and league 1 is quite big.

He should be very good at league 1 level.
Okay as a winger that’s not too bad. Oxford Mail said he was a striker.
I take it back.

You're being negative, and very boring

Sorry I didn’t know having an opinion was banned on this forum. As for being boring. Your post was critical and dull without actually offering any counter points.

If negative thoughts weren’t sometimes positive Pep would still be in charge.

Last edited:
So
QPR fans quote on twitter "His work ethic is different class, he will chase down every ball and and press the back line like a mad man"

"same type of worker as hylton but better"

Sounds like the bite and commitment we need and were missing last season.

Hmmm in this league that might just work out. Running around chasing prem or even championship defenders ain’t going to get you far. But league 1 maybe. Still in KR we trust.

Why are people so negative... sure if we signed Renaldo people would still moan. The guy is at a later age... so what.

We need some experience and someone to hold the ball up - tick for both.

Championship is way better than league one and personally think he will do well. Give the guy a chance before making assumptions and who knows, we could be next seasons Shrewsbury. We have made some good signings and personally hate seeing us moan for moans sake. You wanted signings, we got them.

Perfect target man who will work his socks off and bring the likes of Hall, Curruthers & Whyte into play. When he gets tired we will bring Sam Smith (next to sign) on to terrorise them.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Can remember seeing Mackie absolutely destroy us when he was playing for Exeter years back. Almost single handedly win the game for them with his work rate. He chased everything that night. Was really impressed with him. I remember reading about him shortly after, iirc he’s ex army too.

Welcome Jamie!!

I don’t think this was KR 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice option but we have obviously missed out on those (or could still happen). I hope he does well, just throwing it out there should we have kept Wes Thomas another season? Depends who else we bring in but I’m starting to think we should have!!

Has Wes found a club for next season? A football club that is.

Back
Top Bottom