General Ivy Pass

Essexyellows

Anyone care to explain what this is?

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2024/april/ivy-pass-sponsorship/

I`ve read the article, it`ll get a treble score on BS Bingo!

How to say a lot without telling folk WTF it is.

"Our platform empowers sports teams like Oxford United to deepen their connection with fans by offering supercharged fan experiences. Fans care about their teams and teams care about their fans. Technology should not be in the way of that relationship but rather enhance it and create magical moments. Together, we are shaping the future of zero-friction fan engagement with no app download, no sign-up or sign-in"

Yeah it's rather disappointing given I thought we had passed the Crypto/ other digital 'assets' phase. It's not immediately clear how they make their money I assume it's through selling fans ''digital experiences' ' so they feel more connected to the club. Reminds me of the company Socios which allowed fans the great honour of picking the motto on the side of the team bus as a reward for being a member

At its best it could be used to gather more data from fans to improve fan engagement, provide additional content or make supporting the club more interactive.

At its worse it’s a new company backed by venture capitalists and blockchain/crypto investors that seek to monetise supporting the club further, or push crypto type schemes to people who don’t really understand them.

Its a personal choice for fans as to whether they want to engage, but I certainly won’t be.

It got worse for me.............. https://www.ivypass.com/

To an old cynic it sounds & looks like smoke & mirrors.

Anyone got any Magic Beans?

Still it`ll increase the "customer engagements" leading to more "customer activations".

Games gone.

It's a gimmick that will get the club a bit of dosh from the pockets of the gullible. It's a bit dumb but then so are the bucket hats.

It got worse for me.............. https://www.ivypass.com/

To an old cynic it sounds & looks like smoke & mirrors.

Anyone got any Magic Beans?

Still it`ll increase the "customer engagements" leading to more "customer activations".

Games gone.
tenor.gif

(and I agree with you as well. Off outside to find my own cloud to shout at.)

It struck me as a load of 💩, I was non the wiser after reading and rereading the article, I do wonder at times who actually thinks of some of this stuff, on one hand it’s often mentioned that we have a aging fan base, so perhaps think how can we work with them rather than baffle them

It struck me as a load of 💩, I was non the wiser after reading and rereading the article, I do wonder at times who actually thinks of some of this stuff, on one hand it’s often mentioned that we have a aging fan base, so perhaps think how can we work with them rather than baffle them

Saga holidays, care homes, pharmacuticals, funeral plans etc are really missing a chance to target the modern day football demographic.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2024/april/ivy-pass-sponsorship/

I`ve read the article, it`ll get a treble score on BS Bingo!

How to say a lot without telling folk WTF it is.

"Our platform empowers sports teams like Oxford United to deepen their connection with fans by offering supercharged fan experiences. Fans care about their teams and teams care about their fans. Technology should not be in the way of that relationship but rather enhance it and create magical moments. Together, we are shaping the future of zero-friction fan engagement with no app download, no sign-up or sign-in"
corporate bullshit - shove those customer engagements ant activations where the sun don't shine

not for me ta

Looks like Green Shield Stamps or Air Miles updated by a posh restaurant. Same old sh]it, charge both ends one way or another. On the positive side you could have enjoyed a limited-time launch offer from 20th September until 4th October 2023 - Ivy App users can order a sensation dish of Robata grilled rump steak with wild mushroom sauce, truffle and Parmesan chips at a special price of £14.95 and earn double points.

Perhaps Adam Benson, Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer at Oxford United Football Club is planning to monetise your experience? "The IVY PASS platform aligns perfectly with our vision to foster deeper connections with our fans, understand them better and reward their support of the club.”

Perhaps "Sleeve Partner' just means they're paying to stick a badge on James Henry's shirt?

The Ivy has missed the boat, I closed the 'Bird Buffet years ago.

Last edited:
I wonder if this will be like one of those free apps, but stuffed with ads that you have to pay to get rid of, or with premium content that you end up having to pay for.

Press release clearly written by the "partner". It's a shame no one at the club thought so say: "hang on a minute, let me rewrite that in clear, friendly English for you" 🙄

I wonder if this will be like one of those free apps, but stuffed with ads that you have to pay to get rid of, or with premium content that you end up having to pay for.
no, it is just like a collection thing, nothing to pay (apart from the club get some engagement data)

Back
Top Bottom