Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

So when is an official announcement going to be released? Its like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid but no actual date set. 🙄

EC Yellow said so yesterday. That’s good enough surely.

I mentioned a week or two ago, it was all sorted and passed the EFL protocol, and it was just a matter of announcing the news.

I raised that question months ago, is there any indication that the club will get a % of any retail sales?

if the backers decide to move on from the club once the cash registers are ticking along nicely what next? and importantly what's the attraction for any new prospective Owner/s ?

I guess the answer will be in the detail soon once the ink has dried
Even if they don't, keeping the site afloat through these revenues would be a benefit. Thohir's model with DC United was club paying peppercorn rent and property income coming from other sources.

Plymouth is world-renowned for gin and hoes.
I visited Plymouth gin factory a few yrs ago. Its a lovely gin - probably my fave. Did you know that the navy strength is over 50%? Apparently its because if it leaked in to the gunpowder, the powder would still burn due to the high alcohol content.

The hoes however, are f*****g disgusting.

It's the paradox of football for me.

Obviously we want our team to do well; play good football at the highest level possible. Money clearly gives you a huge advantage in achieving this.

And yet we spend much of our time complaining of how money is ruining or has ruined the game.

And we've all heard it said, after someone has hit the heights and then crashed and burned, "I didn't hear their supporters complaining when...etc".

We wouldn't be complaining either.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

For every Leicester that buys their way up the foodchain there are a lot of casualties at the roadside.........

I find myself comparing us to Leicester more & more in terms of potential and level.

I think the potential thing is a strange one. In years gone by, you could pretty much say who the big clubs were based on history, how many bums on seats and their trophy cabinet. The world today is so transient that those rules no longer apply.

Oxford United can (in my mind at least) feel encouraged by the likes of Reading, Watford, Brighton, Leicester, Bournemouth and Brentford. If we get a great product (I am sorry purists but this is the long and short of it) based around a good match day experience, great facilities, and a winning football team then Oxford as a city has loads of advantages to attract spectators. That will of course require sizeable investment. But thats football in 2021.

Never would have believed we'd have been taking about foreign billionaires, global brands, reaching the top flight, and investment in infrastructure and match day experiences back when we were in the conference! How quickly things change. All the more reason to think that we might actually realise some of it.

Back
Top Bottom