Other - Rest of the World GB Squad for 2021

PSGsupporter

Sophie Ingle made into the GB squad for the greatest sports tournament on the planet. Good on her. Should be GB for every side. The words England, Scotland or Wales are not on a table at the UN. Football-soccer is a sport more suited to females like field hockey is. #TeamGB #GB

Team GB squad for Tokyo Olympics​

Goalkeepers: Karen Bardsley, (Man City and England), Ellie Roebuck (Man City and England)

Defenders: Millie Bright (Chelsea and England), Lucy Bronze (Man City and England), Rachel Daly (Houston Dash and England), Steph Houghton (Man City and England), Demi Stokes (Man City and England), Leah Williamson (Arsenal and England)

Midfielders: Sophie Ingle (Chelsea and Wales), Kim Little (Arsenal and Scotland), Jill Scott (Man City and England), Keira Walsh (Man City and England), Caroline Weir (Man City and Scotland)

Forwards: Lauren Hemp (Man City and England), Fran Kirby (Chelsea and England), Nikita Parris (Lyon and England), Georgia Stanway (Man City and England), Ellen White (Man City and England)

Reserves: Sandy MacIver (Everton and England), Lotte Wubben-Moy (Arsenal and England), Niamh Charles (Chelsea and England), Ella Toone (Man Utd and England)

England captain Steph Houghton and Wales skipper Sophie Ingle have been named in Team GB's women's football squad at this summer's Tokyo Olympics.

Scotland pair Caroline Weir and Kim Little are the only other non-English players in the 18-strong squad.
Chelsea's Women's Super League player of the year Fran Kirby is included and veteran midfielder Jill Scott is one of 11 Manchester City players called up.

There are no Northern Irish players in Hege Riise's squad.

Arsenal pair Beth Mead and Jordan Nobbs, Chelsea's Beth England and City's Alex Greenwood are among the high-profile omissions, while City striker Chloe Kelly has been ruled out with a knee injury.

The 2020 Best Fifa Women's player award winner Lucy Bronze is selected for her first Olympics.

"I know first-hand as a former player just how proud my players will feel today at having been selected to represent Great Britain," said head coach Riise.

"There is no greater sporting occasion in the world and I am honoured to lead this hugely talented team into the Games.

"We will go there aiming to win and we will give everything we have to achieve success. I hope Great Britain's inclusion once more in the Olympic Football Tournament can inspire the next generation of young girls to play the sport we love."

Great Britain, who went out in the quarter-finals in their last Olympics appearance at London 2012, start their Tokyo campaign against Chile on Wednesday, 21 July, before further Group E games against hosts Japan and 2016 bronze medallists Canada.

Rugby fans 🙄

So salty, aren’t they? Jealous of football’s success so like anyone who is jealous they play it down, disparage it and pretend what they have is better.

Just thinking about it, remember those crap years when the pitch was a mess due to the hopeless London Welsh messing it up. Jeez.

So salty, aren’t they? Jealous of football’s success so like anyone who is jealous they play it down, disparage it and pretend what they have is better.

Just thinking about it, remember those crap years when the pitch was a mess due to the hopeless London Welsh messing it up. Jeez.
I disagree, the way I feel about it is that the US, Oz, Canada and Britain are the only places that count, and oval ball sports are No.1 is all of these great nations apart from, you know where. Every team sport is silly. IMO guys butcher soccer, the way women play it is better and they dive far less. I'm a paid up member of the Rangers women's football club.

Last edited:
I disagree, the way I feel about it is that the US, Oz, Canada and Britain are the only places that count, and oval ball sports are No.1 is all of these great nations. Every team sport is silly. IMO guys butcher soccer, the way women play it is better and they dive far less. I'm a paid up member of the Rangers women's football club.
If you think Rugby is the biggest sport in the UK then you are just on the wind up.

Vinegar for that massive chip you have on your shoulder?

Seeking kinship with American Football is downright odd in any circumstance.

If you think Rugby is the biggest sport in the UK then you are just on the wind up.

Vinegar for that massive chip you have on your shoulder?
I forgot to add that, that's what was in my mind when typing, I just didn't type it. All of them except Britain, as I've corrected.

Seeking kinship with American Football is downright odd in any circumstance.
I've thought at times in my life that A Football is the best sport on the planet, at the moment I think it's RU.

Back
Top Bottom