General Free Agent Market

Peterdev

With all the players that we have signed and making such an impact, does anyone have a link to the players that have been released as there must have surely been quite a few

Transfermarkt has a list:

Last edited:
On this, I had expected that we might make an announcement about Baldock this week now that the window is shut (ie: to confirm he's no longer a player, but that he'll remain at the club this year in a different role).

Presumably the club haven't said something already on these lines re: Baldock that I've missed?

Blimey. I see Tariq Fosu is on the list and is only 27. He’d be a great acquisition.
I am wondering what is going to be happening with the likes of Baldock, McGinty,, Gorrin, Henry and Murphy. I see Eastwood has signed a new contract so his step might be goalkeeper coach

Blimey. I see Tariq Fosu is on the list and is only 27. He’d be a great acquisition.
I am wondering what is going to be happening with the likes of Baldock, McGinty,, Gorrin, Henry and Murphy. I see Eastwood has signed a new contract so his step might be goalkeeper coach
Yep, Gorrin is the one you'd expect an announcement on in the next week or so, and I think Baldock should be clarified too, as per my previous point.

We have a new Goalkeeper Coach, so don't think Eastwood particularly is needed in that regard (albeit, I'm sure he'll continued to be very supportive to Beadle and McGinty, whilst serving as our number two).

Gorrin isn’t our player. He was only training with us over the summer while he completed his rehab. He’s a free agent and isn’t contracted to the club.

Gorrin isn’t our player. He was only training with us over the summer while he completed his rehab. He’s a free agent and isn’t contracted to the club.
Is he no longer training with us?

I'd hope (and expect) the club to put out a short statement to confirm he hasn't got a contract with us (assuming that isn't now happening) and to wish him well in the future.

The club has been quite generous to him over the last year or two, but it would be a courtesy to put out some kind words if he is no longer with the club I think. Both to clarify things (fan communication!) but also to reflect what a popular, committed player Gorrin has been. Would be odd for the club to have been talking about him occasionally over the summer and to then not confirm where things now stand.

Is he no longer training with us?

I'd hope (and expect) the club to put out a short statement to confirm he hasn't got a contract with us (assuming that isn't now happening) and to wish him well in the future.

The club has been quite generous to him over the last year or two, but it would be a courtesy to put out some kind words if he is no longer with the club I think. Both to clarify things (fan communication!) but also to reflect what a popular, committed player Gorrin has been. Would be odd for the club to have been talking about him occasionally over the summer and to then not confirm where things now stand.
Not sure if he’s still there (he was a couple of weeks ago but that was then), but I know he was never contracted in any way after June 30. He also doesn’t have a squad number. He wore 25 during training as it wasn’t taken but the official squad list doesn’t contain him at all as he’s not contractually our player:

Not sure if he’s still there (he was a couple of weeks ago but that was then), but I know he was never contracted in any way after June 30. He also doesn’t have a squad number. He wore 25 during training as it wasn’t taken but the official squad list doesn’t contain him at all as he’s not contractually our player:

Some of the talk about him over the summer seemed to suggest he was getting himself prepared for a post-football career (whether that be now, or in the coming years) so hopefully he's got a plan for the future if he doesn't get a reasonable contract in the game.

Seems like a decent guy, and he was certainly always very committed for us, so hope things work out for him, whatever the next chapter is.

If Fosu is free surely he’s ideal temporarily to replace Browne. Win win for both parties .

Interestingly a few weeks ago I saw Gorrin in the gym at David Lloyd and he was wearing his OUFC training kit.

Interestingly a few weeks ago I saw Gorrin in the gym at David Lloyd and he was wearing his OUFC training kit.
A few weeks ago he was training with the squad at the open day in his OUFC training kit. Could easily pop to the gym before/after

Wonder what happened for him to end up without a club. He was a decent player.

Back
Top Bottom