General Flying to Matches

Left Wing Cross

A few clubs have declared that they will not fly to matches.

I am curious to know if there are matches that we would fly to. Are there any? Carlisle?

I am curious to know if there are matches that we would fly to. Are there any? Carlisle?
Forest Green? How often would they have flown?

I bet the PL clubs won't join in on this!

When I was coming back from Crete last month there was a plane at the airport with full Hull City livery. Apparently some sort of sponsorship tie-in - I guess they could use it to fly to Millwall, Plymouth, or Southampton, but I'm not sure why it was in Heraklion.

When I was coming back from Crete last month there was a plane at the airport with full Hull City livery. Apparently some sort of sponsorship tie-in - I guess they could use it to fly to Millwall, Plymouth, or Southampton, but I'm not sure why it was in Heraklion.

A Turkish airline is Hull's shirt sponsor. Probably to do with that.

When Liverpool played Lincoln City in the Carabo cup at Sincil Bank 2 or 3 years ago the Liverpool team flew from John Lennon airport to RAF Waddington, just a couple of miles south of the city, it apparently only took 20 minutes from take off to landing where as the coach journey would have taken 3 - 4 hours.
The irony of it all was their coach travelled empty by road with the kit, their supplies and to pick them up from RAF Waddington to take the team to a hotel in Lincoln before then transporting them to the ground for the game and then picking the team up to take them back to RAF Waddington.

I’m sure this is not an isolated happening especially with so many evening games or late afternoon Sunday matches in the premier league not finishing till 6.30pm

I saw exactly the same!

It's about marginal gains at the top level so players being a little bit less tired from a long coach journey may help.
Though I doubt they are comparing with a 2 hour trip on a double decker bus with no toilets.

It's about marginal gains at the top level so players being a little bit less tired from a long coach journey may help.
Though I doubt they are comparing with a 2 hour trip on a double decker bus with no toilets.
Hiring out entire first class train carriages seems to be a preferred option.

For most football clubs in England, flights are a bit extravagant, it’s a smallish country with a decent enough road system and the majority of clubs are fairly central. Only really the Devon clubs, the north east and Carlisle/Barrow who are a bit out of the way. Bit different in big countries like the US, Brazil etc where getting around by coach takes days not hours.

I’ll be flying from RAF Brize Norton to Kidlington ( Oxford) Airport.
I’ll then thumb a lift to the triangle .
Hopefully Ian Middleton will pick me up in his blue electric car .

As a kid I ended up on a flight with the Nottingham Forest team. I don't think it was their first team, but Brian Clough was definitely on the plane.

I can see it now. Flight from Paris,Madrid,Milan, Munich to Kidlington Airport, when we join the Giants in the Champions Lge.

I can see it now. Flight from Paris,Madrid,Milan, Munich to Kidlington Airport, when we join the Giants in the Champions Lge.
So now you want to take up space at Kidlington’s airport, as well?

Is there no area of the village you people won’t steal from the good people of Kidlington?

Back
Top Bottom