Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.45: Fleetwood at home

Very interesting financial analysis Colin! Sorry to be pedantic, and as much as I’d like to forget about Shrewsbury given our recent match there, but they’ve been in L1 a season longer than us, making us the third longest standing club in the division.

Very interesting financial analysis Colin! Sorry to be pedantic, and as much as I’d like to forget about Shrewsbury given our recent match there, but they’ve been in L1 a season longer than us, making us the third longest standing club in the division.
You're right, I should have checked as I was going from my memory on that one and thought they'd had a one year relegation somewhere in the last decade.

Facts matter though, so no need to apologise for correcting me.

A fine day for you both.

A decent game and good OUFC performance for @Paul B to muse on, and (surely!) one of the most eagerly anticipated financials for @Colin B

Thanks to both. A fine balanced account of the game and a fine analysis of shady financial imbalances. Blimey Colin have you ever thought of writing for Private Eye?!

Thanks to both. A fine balanced account of the game and a fine analysis of shady financial imbalances. Blimey Colin have you ever thought of writing for Private Eye?!
I couldn't afford the pay cut!!!

Seriously though, a few people have mentioned that they enjoy my writing style, and content, and that I should have a bigger audience (hope that doesn't sound too big headed?) and there may be something in the pipeline shortly.

I greatly admire @Paul B for his discipline toward getting the FV out for EVERY game, as I only do my analysis for the home games, and find the deadline taxing, and I'm retired!!!

Seriously though, a few people have mentioned that they enjoy my writing style, and content, and that I should have a bigger audience (hope that doesn't sound too big headed?) and there may be something in the pipeline shortly.

Get on with it and write the bloody book!

I greatly admire @Paul B for his discipline toward getting the FV out for EVERY game, as I only do my analysis for the home games, and find the deadline taxing, and I'm retired!!!
Terrific! Looking forward to it already!

They're getting later and later (usually) as people will have noticed. Back in the day when the FV was in the Oxford Mail the deadline for copy after a Saturday game was midday on Sunday. Mind you there was a 150 word limit. Rather different times now and less restriction on language that can be used.

Paul, Colin ... thank you, two great reports there. They may be getting later & later but it is worth the wait.
There was a time when we simply couldn't beat Fleetwood, it was something like 12 games (most of those were losses) before we beat them, they were a real bogey team. But then we've seem to win every time against them.

Back
Top Bottom