England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Is anybody else getting nervous yet or is it just me
No nerves. Already chuffed enough that we're in the final. I know we could be the best team on the day and lose as easy as we could be the worse team and win. I'm going to savour and remember the occasion. And go ballistic if we win!!

Just made my boy watch the documentary about Taylor’s England failing to reach USA 94. Trying to keep expectations in check!

I expect the sound of a 12 year old shrieking “can we not knock it?” at about 4:25 tomorrow morning.

Just made my boy watch the documentary about Taylor’s England failing to reach USA 94. Trying to keep expectations in check!

I expect the sound of a 12 year old shrieking “can we not knock it?” at about 4:25 tomorrow morning.

Did he not like that?!

EDIT. ‘The Impossible Job’ is the best football documentary ever. Not just for the subject who came out of it as well meaning manager but ended up looking like a Basil Fawlty, David Brent, Captain Mainwaring character but for the view of the FA at the time, the outrageous pressure and for the hopeless yes man Phil Neal.

Graham Taylor challenging the racist fan though 👍.

Last edited:
More nervous before the Germany game. Exceeded my expectations. Make no mistakes Italy are a very good team, but so are we.
I ain’t got a clue who is going win. It literally could go either way. I was 6 months old in 66 so I remember it well. Lol
So England make Scotland’s day and win tonight so that the Scots can boast that the champions couldn’t beat em lol

Anyone seen this? Think I can see why Barnes got the job over Peter Beardsley!

Just tried to explain to my 12 year old step daughter why tonight matters, starting with my first tournament in 86 and that cheating midget onwards, until you say it out loud you struggle to grasp the misery we have gone through, especially as one of only a few major footballing nations. She looked at me like I was mental obviously.

Too much pain to grasp.
She is far too young to understand the uncharted depths of despair that litters our international football history.
Let’s just pray we wipe the slate clean tonight and move on.

For those of us who have endured the 55 years of deprivation........................... this is our time!

Start defensively and, if needed, we can change it.

"Dan" Saka is a legend in waiting and tonight his mould will be cast!

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom