ENG v GER

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
If we don’t go for the win from the start and end up losing Southgate needs to go we have some off the best attacking players in world football we should be using them not this defensive crap score 1 and hope we don’t concede or play like we did against the Scots I would go for a team like
Pickford
Walker maguire stones shaw
Phillips
Foden mount
Saka Sterling
Kane
With saka and sterling playing wide go for the game not play to hope we don’t concede

No reason to fear Germany given their performance in the tournament so far, but they do have real quality and players that have been there and done it. Kroos and Muller are both only 31 and are recent Champions League winners, Neuer has been world class for years and there are other talents like Kimmich who will likely run that German midfield for years when Kroos does move on. On the other flank Gosens has had another exceptional season with Atalanta and then there are players like Sane and Havertz to deal with. Plenty of talent, but, for as good as Hummels is on the ball, they're slow at the back and the Hungarians gave them a real test. Hopefully the likes of Sterling and Saka (if they indeed start) heed the advice of John Barnes:

'There's only one way to beat them
Get 'round the back'

No reason to fear Germany given their performance in the tournament so far, but they do have real quality and players that have been there and done it. Kroos and Muller are both only 31 and are recent Champions League winners, Neuer has been world class for years and there are other talents like Kimmich who will likely run that German midfield for years when Kroos does move on. On the other flank Gosens has had another exceptional season with Atalanta and then there are players like Sane and Havertz to deal with. Plenty of talent, but, for as good as Hummels is on the ball, they're slow at the back and the Hungarians gave them a real test. Hopefully the likes of Sterling and Saka (if they indeed start) heed the advice of John Barnes:

'There's only one way to beat them
Get 'round the back'

That would make sense in having wing backs with the likes of Walker and Shaw who like to push on and overlap the midfield.

I think Southgate will go for a 3-4-3 tonight to nullify their attack and my predicted lineup:

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Phillips Rice Shaw
James Henderson Chilwell

Should be solid enough.
Maybe swap Henderson for mings as he offers more goal threat and that would be the perfect Southgate team 😁

I think Southgate will go for a 3-4-3 tonight to nullify their attack and my predicted lineup:

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Phillips Rice Shaw
James Henderson Chilwell

Should be solid enough.

Southgate likes to play Trippier somewhere on the left so I imagine he swaps with Chilwell and you're pretty much there.

Speculation that DCL isn’t even on the bench, which would leave Kane as the only recognised centre forward in the entire 23-man match day squad.

Surely not. Must be press rumours.

Good explanatory video if you're outraged about the 343. The 4231 we've been using up til now would be very vulnerable against Germany's one exceptional attacking asset in the tournament thus far - their wingbacks.

Would lump on the idea that it's not gonna be thriller. But it's gonna be f*****g tense.

Pickford
walker stones maquire

trippier phillips rice shaw

saka kane sterling

I'm conflicted... On the one hand the team feels very negative with a back 5 and 2 CDMs... On the other hand, the only game Germany have looked any good in was against Portugal when they were able to use their full backs as their attacking outlet because Semedo is awful positionally. By matching up the 5 defence, then going for pace on the wings with Sterling and Saka, we can pin their full backs back a little bit, because the risk of leaving Hummels to deal with Saka is too high because the difference in pace is huge. We're set up to nullify the biggest German threats, then hit them on the counter if they push too high. Seems very negative given our attacking talent, but honestly it tactically makes sense - and with Foden, Grealish, Mount and Sancho to come off the bench the Germans will be terrified of the last period of the game because they don't have the defensive backup to cope.

I predict a stalemate for at least 70 minutes. Low keeping Gnabry to hit on the break at a tiring defence. I've got a feeling though that this is gonna be like 2001, 5-1 England. England could win this by half-time. It's just a feeling i've had for the last couple of days.

Quite frankly I have no idea what’s going to happen. Plenty seem to whinge about the XI but then again I wouldn’t know if Grealish, Mount etc should be starting or not.

Hey ho - I’ll sit back and enjoy it and not take it too seriously. It’s only England after all. It’s not Oxford.

I predict a stalemate for at least 70 minutes. Low keeping Gnabry to hit on the break at a tiring defence. I've got a feeling though that this is gonna be like 2001, 5-1 England. England could win this by half-time. It's just a feeling i've had for the last couple of days.
So you're predicting a 5-1 stalemate that we win by half time when the scores are level?

Christ Southgate has the exact opposite to Robbos love of wingers but forgetting full backs syndrome !
No Mount, Foden, Grealish isn't impressive.
Hope it works though

Back
Top Bottom