Matches Doncaster at home - 5/1/21

But if you think they’ll definitely want to finish the season somehow wouldn’t it make more sense to play when possible? Plus yeah we could really do with the distraction
There’s a bit more at play here than people being a bit bored for a fortnight while they try to cut the spread off.

They will finish the season by hook or by crook - it won’t be cancelled. It might be reduced or turned into a farce in a desperate attempt to get things over the line, but it won’t be scrapped.

Unless they just let it keep ripping through entire teams and postponing more and more games, which makes it harder than a clean break to stop it in its tracks.

Could try and rearrange the Bristol Rovers match for the 5th or even try to play the Shrewsbury game then.

I doubt the FL will stop the games unless the Govt tell them to. And with that in mind, we might get a crowd at the Donny game now if the rearranged game happens late enough!
Can’t see that. I think if and when the lock down comes into place the government are going to have to seriously look at this elite sports are ok as obviously with the games being postponed through COVID are going to continue.

There’s a bit more at play here than people being a bit bored for a fortnight while they try to cut the spread off.

They will finish the season by hook or by crook - it won’t be cancelled. It might be reduced or turned into a farce in a desperate attempt to get things over the line, but it won’t be scrapped.

Unless they just let it keep ripping through entire teams and postponing more and more games, which makes it harder than a clean break to stop it in its tracks.
But people are still getting it despite the lockdown and wfh. I guess a clean break will at least allow people to plan

I guess anything is possible. I mean after all the 8th placed team in league one replaced the 13th placed team in the championship last season.

In rugby league when a game is called off they change the opponents to get the season moving. In rugby union if a team can't fulfil match the opponents are awarded a win. In football it seems a goalkeeping coach has covid19 and Swindon call off the game with no penalty. Until the EFL start taking action following the so called "investigation" then the clubs will continue to pick and choose when to play without fear of reprisals. Also clubs would then have to take covid19 protocols more seriously.

If they had just awarded teams a win if one had to postpone and the other didn’t from the beginning then we’d be fully up to date with fixtures and everything would be in a much better shape.

If they had just awarded teams a win if one had to postpone and the other didn’t from the beginning then we’d be fully up to date with fixtures and everything would be in a much better shape.
We'd also be further up the league! 😁

What? Lockdown and no football? No thanks.
This is an important point. A good friend of mine lives by himself and tells me that the football has become a real focus point as something to look forward to. It is playing a role in keeping people motivated even if at a distance. I'm looking forward to tonight's game as it beats the usual bland telly or whatever Premiershit game is being aired in which I have little interest.

Yeah but then you'll have teams playing with C19 affected players as this is very much a results business - remember Crewe? Not as simple as that I'm afraid.

Yeah but then you'll have teams playing with C19 affected players as this is very much a results business - remember Crewe? Not as simple as that I'm afraid.
Have mandatory testing from an independent outside source.

In rugby league when a game is called off they change the opponents to get the season moving. In rugby union if a team can't fulfil match the opponents are awarded a win. In football it seems a goalkeeping coach has covid19 and Swindon call off the game with no penalty. Until the EFL start taking action following the so called "investigation" then the clubs will continue to pick and choose when to play without fear of reprisals. Also clubs would then have to take covid19 protocols more seriously.
The EFL is so rigid.

Have mandatory testing from an independent outside source.
Good idea but the question is who pays for this? Also can a club always be blamed if its players get C19? There are many ways to contract it especially with the new virulent strain. Where do you draw the line, do you have to prove player/club negligence if matches are to be forfeited?

Back
Top Bottom