International News Donald Trump 🍊🇺🇸

If this is all it is, then I think they shouldn't have done it, as it is all too tenuous and difficult to prove.

If you are going to arrest him, hit him with a big undeniable, prooveable charge that he can't wriggle out of, or don't bother

If the USA wants to persist as a place of law and rules based order they just need to treat him like they would anyone else. They shouldn’t either prosecute or not prosecute him because of the implications, just based on the facts and the law.

Hopefully the E Jean Carroll case, who alleges he raped her in a department store changing room in New York will move forward. He’s been accused by more than 25 women of sexual assault, how many more are too frightened to come forward?
America, the land of the free? Hopefully when this scum sucker goes down, they will be free of this bigoted, narcissistic, racist, lying, bully.

If this is all it is, then I think they shouldn't have done it, as it is all too tenuous and difficult to prove.

If you are going to arrest him, hit him with a big undeniable, prooveable charge that he can't wriggle out of, or don't bother

That may come as his main lawyer for the confidential files held at Mar-a-Lago has been ordered to testify/provide his notes by the Judge in that case, regardless of Client/Attorney privilege. That required the prosecution to pretty much prove a crime has been committed for him to be compelled to testify.

Charged with 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records in the 1st degree (a Class E Felony).

Charged with 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records in the 1st degree (a Class E Felony).

Presumably crowds are gathering around America to chant “Lock Him Up” 🤞

That may come as his main lawyer for the confidential files held at Mar-a-Lago has been ordered to testify/provide his notes by the Judge in that case, regardless of Client/Attorney privilege. That required the prosecution to pretty much prove a crime has been committed for him to be compelled to testify.

There was an interesting interview with Bill Barr, Trump's own Attorney General, a couple of days ago.

He dismissed the Stormy case as political posturing, and the January 6th case under first amendment (i.e. freedom of speech) rules - but basically said that he thinks the Mar-a-Lago case is the one they're going to nail Trump for. Implied there was plenty of evidence that Trump illegally took classified files down there and knowingly obstructed efforts to get them back.

What the punishment would be is an open question.

As an aside another crackpot, Republican Congressman George Santos has been arrested:

It does seem fairly remarkable that it took months for some of these things to come to light - it seems that nobody was checking what he had to say, neither the Republicans or his Democrat opponents.

Another legal case has come home to roost although he will appealing the decision:

Trump's deposition for that case was absolutely extraordinary.

They showed him the tape of his Access Hollywood hot mic moment, in which he bragged about sexually assaulting women - and he not only didn't refute it, but basically doubled down and agreed that “It’s true with stars that they can grab women by the p***y”, and that he was himself a star.

His sole defense was that he had never met her, and the victim wasn't his type.....but then when shown a photograph of him meeting her, he confused her for his second wife.

And this man is currently the front runner to win the next Presidential election......tells you everything you need to know about large swathes of the US.

Last edited:
And this man is currently the front runner to win the next Presidential election......tells you everything you need to know about large swathes of the US.
Amazing isn't it, you have to question what he'd actually have to do in order to turn some Republican voters away from him

Trump's deposition for that case was absolutely extraordinary.

They showed him the tape of his Access Hollywood hot mic moment, in which he bragged about sexually assaulting women - and he not only didn't refute it, but basically doubled down and agreed that “It’s true with stars that they can grab women by the p***y”, and that he was himself a star.

His sole defense was that he had never met her, and the victim wasn't his type.....but then when shown a photograph of him meeting her, he confused her for his second wife.

Thick as pig shite and extremely gullible?

:unsure:

Trump has previously said he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to his approval ratings.

This is the one and only thing I can agree with him on.

What an extraordinary place the US is....and not in a good way!

What an extraordinary place the US is....and not in a good way!

I'm sure I've talked about it before on here......but I think a lot of Brits operate under this assumption that the US is something of a monoculture because everyone speaks (almost) the same language, and everyone has a Subway, a Starbucks, a Target and a Home Depot in their town. But the truth is that the difference in attitude and values between, say, Portland in Oregon and rural Mississippi is vastly, vastly greater than any two points in Europe you could care to name.

I have come to love central New Jersey very much after living here for seven years. And there's plenty of other places in the US I would happily move to. But I think I'd probably rather be dead than have to live in Mississippi or Arkansas.

And I can promise you that there is a 0.0% chance that NJ will vote for Trump in 2024!

I'm sure I've talked about it before on here......but I think a lot of Brits operate under this assumption that the US is something of a monoculture because everyone speaks (almost) the same language, and everyone has a Subway, a Starbucks, a Target and a Home Depot in their town. But the truth is that the difference in attitude and values between, say, Portland in Oregon and rural Mississippi is vastly, vastly greater than any two points in Europe you could care to name.

I have come to love central New Jersey very much after living here for seven years. And there's plenty of other places in the US I would happily move to. But I think I'd probably rather be dead than have to live in Mississippi or Arkansas.

And I can promise you that there is a 0.0% chance that NJ will vote for Trump in 2024!
I've often wondered what the world would be like if the US was 50 independent countries

Back
Top Bottom