Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Let’s not rewrite history, parts of this season were f*****g dire and actually getting worse.

Did anyone, genuinely, hand on heart see this coming after Bolton?!

It’s been an incredible turnaround and huge credit given, but to suggest it was only ever a matter of time is fanciful at best. Something changed and clicked.

Des looks like a manager now rather than a lost soul.

This is contradictory. The time he was given was vital; nothing would've changed and clicked *without* it. Quick fixes are the exception to the rule in most things.

No-one would argue that it was pretty poor at times, but some were willing - even then - not to be drawn in to making snap judgments based on results/performances that took place over a very short, very challenging period of time.

Just because you wanted him gone doesn't mean that everyone else did too, and somehow we've all ended up with egg on our faces. That's 're-writing history'.

The irony for Buckingham is that the turning point for him and team was the Bolton game, he finally had the chance after that to make his own managerial call on the team instead of risking upsetting us after the good position Manning had put us in, pre Bolton we did look lost and unorganised, void of a game plan, Buckingham got a lot of stick, I was one of the most vocal for his dismissal, I hold my hands up to that and I saw no evidence to change my mind, but now I see how a Buckingham team works, cheers Bolton! Enjoy league One.
To be fair he *always* had that chance, but I wonder if it was more a case of needing to transition to his style to bring the players with him. Not sure how it would've gone down if he'd come in and immediately tried to tear up what had been a successful game plan.

I'd never heard of the Reverse Mullet formation before.
Apparently this is what Buckingham plays - business at the back, party at the front.

the Reverse Mullet was coined by the excellent George Elek analyst and OUFC fan who is on the Dub - and probably on here

the Reverse Mullet was coined by the excellent George Elek analyst and OUFC fan who is on the Dub - and probably on here
Sorry, I don't want to sound too much like a fan boy but if George is on here I think he is excellent (as is the Not The Top 20 podcast).

Enjoy the reverse mullet - business at the back and party at the front.

I used to like you as well. 😢
WY's End of Season awards:

The "Paul Weller" award for best mod: @SteMerritt (although politically I think I'm more aligned with Carpy!)

The "Holly Willoughby" award for best feature: @Paul B 's Fans View

The "Lord Kitchener" award for best poster: @WuTang (just about nipping @RyanioBirdio to the title)

The "Yoga award" for most balanced poster: @Eric Blair (who seems far too nice to be real, got to have some skeletons in his closet)

The "Cleopatra award" for most misunderstood poster: @greatunclekip (who I think is a good bloke, just a pessimist!)

The "Owen Jones" award for most left-wing poster: @QR

The "Winston Churchill" award for most conservative poster: @Essexyellows

The "Snowden award" for most ITK poster: @Colin B

The "Forrest Gump" award for most positive poster: @Scotchegg (Who just pips @Steve Gilbert to the title)

The "Alexander Fleming" award for outstanding contribution: @John Lennon

COYY!

The "Paul Weller" award for best mod: @SteMerritt (although politically I think I'm more aligned with Carpy!)

The "Lord Kitchener" award for best poster: @WuTang (just about nipping @RyanioBirdio to the title)

The "Yoga award" for most balanced poster: @Eric Blair (who seems far too nice to be real, got to have some skeletons in his closet)

The "Cleopatra award" for most misunderstood poster: @greatunclekip (who I think is a good bloke, just a pessimist!)

The "Forrest Gump" award for most positive poster: @Scotchegg (Who just pips @Steve Gilbert to the title)

COYY!
Love this. Got to be an honourable mention for @SwissYellow too.

Lots of great posters on here.

Also I’m not the balanced guy I pretend to be. I like to murder cats in my spare time.

COYY!

@Billyox deserves an award for his relentless noble cause in calling out of the hypocrisy of Cll Middleton and his fosb chums.

By the way Alexander Fleming May have taken all the credit, it was Howard Florey who was the real hero.

Back
Top Bottom