Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Has anything been mentioned or any rumours yet about his back room team ? I wonder if we might see a familiar face or two link up with him ? Would seem very harsh on Short if he’s not retained in some capacity but I’m all for the manager having complete control over this. Short has proven to be a loyal servant and capable stand in and I hope there’s space for him in the new management team. I’m wondering if we might see a place too for Henry or Baldock, in Henry’s case a player/coach role similar to Mousinho.

OUFC ITKs: He met the players today. No wait; he’s on the other side of the planet.

Mumbai ITKs: Here’s his departure time, terminal and flight number. He’ll be checking in near the bar, bring your flags.

Wonder if Des could bring an ITK or two with him 😉

He met the players on a zoom call from Mumbai like I said above.

One of,if not the best manager to have ever coached in the ISL
Can't speak highly of him,great human being before a master tactician...lead us to an unbeaten run for 18 games unheard of in Indian football along w breaking many other records.. puts in a genuine effort to build a bond w fans...you guys are lucky to have him, take care of him,I can't imagine mumbai without him and it's really difficult.
For the last time though,
BUCKINGHAM'S BLUE ARMY💙🤗
Thank you aaryansampat for your gracious and lovely words. He is coming back to his hometown club, so once he got the call it would have been hard to leave, but it’s the club where it all began, he’s an Oxford boy.
I hope you guys can continue your success and that Des can continue with his.
Buckingham’s Yellow and BLUE army. 👏🏼

Last edited:
He met the players on a zoom call from Mumbai like I said above.
I'm just teasing, @OX14 😗

I could've picked any number of slightly off-target ITK reports from the last week, no harm intended.

Doe make you wonder how they managed to find out DB's flight details though. Someone's got themselves a tier 1 source there.

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more made of the reports that Des and Manning are, or at least were, pretty good friends. It’s no bad thing given there is nobody who could could better prepare Des for the job over a chat and ensure a smooth transition. It’s the least he could do.

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more made of the reports that Des and Manning are, or at least were, pretty good friends. It’s no bad thing given there is nobody who could could better prepare Des for the job over a chat and ensure a smooth transition. It’s the least he could do.
To be frank even this level of effort appears to have been beyond him thus far.

Anyone taken a look at City Football Group and done some unnecessary thinking?

Asian/Indian market is potentially HUGE, we have that connection already, a City that thrives on tourism, a "brand" that is an easy sell............ :unsure:

Anyone taken a look at City Football Group and done some unnecessary thinking?

Asian/Indian market is potentially HUGE, we have that connection already, a City that thrives on tourism, a "brand" that is an easy sell............ :unsure:
And they already own a club in our market.

Can’t happen.

Great listen. Talks about his background and cites Micky Lewis as his inspiration for going into coaching.

I had a listen to that and enjoyed it. It's a good insight into the man who appears thoughtful and erudite. His ethos appears to be on creating a good working culture and then the coaching is actually only 30% of the job. It sounds like a bit of a throwback to MApp's 'no dickheads' policy too.

He speaks like a modern football coach. To the younger generation, they're likely to get it - they buy into commitments to 'integrity', 'respect' (for each other) and understanding differences and cultures within a squad. It's the sort of stuff that the footballing dinosaur pundits like Richard Keys would despise.

One standout from me was his comment about understanding what works already at a club and not needing to change that. Even in difficult circumstances, there will always be some positives and to work with those. It's reassuring to know that he won't be reinventing the wheel here. He simply doesn't need to.

Back
Top Bottom