General Derelict Abandonded buildings (etc) near Oxford?

how close to the turnpike?
From the pub, follow the track down the side of pub 100 or200 hundred yards on the left
along green lane?
I don't know what it's called.yarnton football club is next door. The lane from turnpike goes to the canal bridge by the traffic lights at yarnton road Kidlington. That's the other way to get to it.

cheers for the above links everyone - though on some of those sites, they post up info after the buildings become unviable- totally fenced off and boarded up etc

though all help/ suggestions etc appreciated - keep em comping please :)

cheers for the above links everyone - though on some of those sites, they post up info after the buildings become unviable- totally fenced off and boarded up etc

Bloody health and safety boarding up derelict and empty buildings. Hopefully our Brexit freedom will rip up that rule book!

There isn't many good derelict sights around here as land is at such a premium that it gets redeveloped fast. Go to Sw*ndon and its a different story, The Oasis, several industrial units, hotels, night clubs.

In Oxfordshire there is only a handful.

One I haven't seen mentioned is the Bullnose Morris pub in BBL.

PS - if someone can help, but is reluctant to post the location on this thread- feel free to DM me on here

or alternatively, I'll be a the Blackbird from about 6pm- 7.15pm tomorrow night pre match, and also the same place and times before the Lincoln home game, a week tomorrow too- there'll be a beer or two in it for any solid, suitable location info ;)
The old Godstow Abbey

From the pub, follow the track down the side of pub 100 or200 hundred yards on the left.
Word to the wise Sarge...
Pretty sure that if you follow these directions you'll find Scrongo himself waiting for you at the end of the path, possibly wearing some sort of mask. Maybe even sat on a tiny tricycle.
You've been warned.

There isn't many good derelict sights around here as land is at such a premium that it gets redeveloped fast. Go to Sw*ndon and its a different story, The Oasis, several industrial units, hotels, night clubs.

In Oxfordshire there is only a handful.

One I haven't seen mentioned is the Bullnose Morris pub in BBL.
bullnose is another thats unviable (sadly), its too boarded up and its quite busy around there daytimes - not ideal for photoshoots , but cheers

The old Westwood hotel (https://www.thewestwoodhotel.co.uk/) on Oxford Road, off Hinksey Hill is abandoned (certainly was earlier this year)
another that is (now) very securely fenced off with boards screwed down thoroughly on any potential access points -( as is a derelict building very near Shillingford bridge) - but cheers , that's definitely the sort of derelict building that would suit- if it wasn't 'secured' as tightly as it is

Rodney House - Bicester. Most if it’s been torn down but definitely some derelict pics you could take

loads.... i've been thinking about a "photo essay" kind of thing to show the effect of levelling up..................................................

Everyone knows the only way to "level up" Stoke would be to level it flat first.................. :ROFLMAO:

are there any derelict abandoned buildings on oxon/ northants, oxon /oxon/berks, oxon / bucks, oxon/warks , oxon/wilts borders that anyone knows of ?

still looking for viable locations for the two separate shoots due in the next few weeks.... some good suggestions so far thanks, but none close enough for whats needed ( some of the other suggestions are now 'on file' for potential future shoots)

any posters from Kidlington/ north of Kidlington posters throw any light/ info on the derelict building possibly in around Thrupp / Shipston area close to or just off the Oxford canal tow path? .... thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom