Sport Darts 🎯

Essexyellows

Using the term "sport" loosely but there we are.

I showed MrsEY(Mk2) a picture of the new sensation that is Luke Littler and asked her "How old do you think he is?"

About 35 she replied.

I make her right...............he looks far,far beyond 16........ discuss.

Mrs. Stroud said something very similar. She also said that she wasn’t surprised to hear that his favourite meals are kebabs and KFC.

He has been fantastic throughout. Really entertaining darts player and seems like a good lad.

He has been going to the pub, 5 days a week since the age of eight to play darts. He must be a father's dream child.
He looks like he’s been having a few bevvies at the pub. That won’t happen anymore, until he’s 18 next year.

Why would the other players do that? Have you seen his averages? He is just very good and playing well.
Money? It just seems interesting that he is such a great story to project the otherwise extremely niche and dull world of darts to the mainstream headlines. I wonder if the darts people want to keep him (the only "interesting story" in the darts world since.......) going as long as possible. He's getting treatment a lot of others players don't get (freebies, comp arsenal tickets etc.)

Money? It just seems interesting that he is such a great story to project the otherwise extremely niche and dull world of darts to the mainstream headlines. I wonder if the darts people want to keep him (the only "interesting story" in the darts world since.......) going as long as possible. He's getting treatment a lot of others players don't get (freebies, comp arsenal tickets etc.)
Is this a serious opinion or have you just gone mental 😂

The darts doesn't really need him - the PDC world championship is already well viewed globally and makes headlines in the final rounds anyway. It's quite a healthy competition.

Besides, the actual darts he is producing is ridiculous - he's simply playing better than everyone else. In the first round I was thinking "should put some money on this guy to win it".

You think the bloke he beat yesterday got paid more than the £100,000 thousand losing cost him to throw the match? That’s ignoring that he also threw away a final appearance and the chance to win £500,000 plus all the lucrative endorsements that come with being world champion?

Also he is actually nearly 17, an age where people have had success in other sports (and Van Gerwen won a tournament in darts) so it’s not that outlandish that he makes a final in a sport where being in good form at the right time can make such a difference.

Kebabs, KFC and a burgeoning weight problem he might not be World Champion very long.

Recipe for a heart attack or stroke right there.

Also he is actually nearly 17, an age where people have had success in other sports (and Van Gerwen won a tournament in darts) so it’s not that outlandish that he makes a final in a sport where being in good form at the right time can make such a difference.

But he looks about 35!

People cling on to success… Just look at the big Prem teams, most of their money comes from glory hunters.
If he gets free tickets, that’s down to the clubs.

Luke littler is just a brilliant darts player. With the money, sponsorship opportunities and media coverage he will probably earn more money in 2024 than Oxford United turnover in a year.

But he looks about 35!

He plays darts, it’s not a sport that requires you to be athletic or good looking so I doubt that will hold him back. I used to go to school with a lad that had a full beard and was a bouncer on the doors down town before he did his GCSEs, some people just look older than there years. Wasn’t Herbie Kane only 23 when we signed him? He looked about 36.