CZE v ENG

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Top of the group without conceding a goal when the defence had been identified as the weak link.

That will do just fine for me.

Well that second half was tedious.

Whoever we get in the second round (and could be France, Germany or Portugal), they're going to cause us vastly more problems at the back than any of our limited opponents so far. So we're going to need to up our game a good couple of gears.

Saka should play though after what he showed tonight. Only England player who consistently looked to make things happen.

But what's the betting that he's back on the bench so Southgate can play Foden like a fish out of water on the right and his first choice, creativity-free midfield three?!?

Nothing's won at this stage and who exactly should they be trying to inspire?
The fans, the Nation, get us believing. We have played poorly against weak sides at home . Please see Italy how to get some belief . We do not look great .
Hope we do improve and its all a cunning plan but we , England, should be better than scoring twice in three home matches .

Scotland fans will be really happy tonight, a successful tournament for them. A point from the group and their greatest result since 1977 with the 0-0 draw at Wembley. I'm sure their fans will remember this for years and there will be some partying up there tonight. Surely Billy Gilmour must be in the running for player of the tournament with his ability to keep this attacking and dynamic England team at bay.

Moaning as usual? Done is better than perfect. You want entertainment, go to the circus. Tournament football is about winning. England have done that with relative ease again.

I watched the Scotland game since that had more riding on it. I wish Andy Robertson was English. His delivery is so good. It must be majorly dispiriting to think that his crosses have to reach that carthorse Lyndon Dykes to try to score.

• Love
Reactions: m
Moaning as usual? Done is better than perfect. You want entertainment, go to the circus. Tournament football is about winning. England have done that with relative ease again.

I watched the Scotland game since that had more riding on it. I wish Andy Robertson was English. His delivery is so good. It must be majorly dispiriting to think that his crosses have to reach that carthorse Lyndon Dykes to try to score.
I personally expect more from our Nation against also rans like Czech Rep and Scotland tbh.
I hope I am proved wrong but time will tell

We walked the group while being bang average and boring. Not certain we needed to be so negative in such a weak group though.

Winning games negatively actually becomes more acceptable now we are playing teams who are decent, whether it will work against more competent opponents remains to be seen.

still funny remembering Scotland celebrating that point as if they won the thing though, another terrible tournament to add to the list for them.

Back
Top Bottom