World Cup C'mon Austria

I'm more looking forward to Path C.

Even if everything goes to plan today, next Tuesday will be the schadenfreude bowl.

Either Italy - reigning Euro champions and one of the big favourites to win the whole thing - don't even qualify, or Ronaldo gets to ignominiously end his World Cup career without making it to the finals. Guaranteed fun for everyone (who isn't Italian or Portuguese........)!!

I'm more looking forward to Path C.

Even if everything goes to plan today, next Tuesday will be the schadenfreude bowl.

Either Italy - reigning Euro champions and one of the big favourites to win the whole thing - don't even qualify, or Ronaldo gets to ignominiously end his World Cup career without making it to the finals. Guaranteed fun for everyone (who isn't Italian or Portuguese........)!!
Yes if Italy went out it sure would improve England's chances

The sport is called "Association Football". If you want to abbreviate, then "Football" will suffice.

If you want to abbreviate association then soccer will suffice. I’m not keen but it’s what most of the world calls it!
No, most of the world calls it "Football". FIFA, not FISA. UEFA, not UESA. Brazil is run by CBF, not CBS. Germany DFB, not DSB... and on it goes.

They probably call it by their own names but soccer is a very international word
No, not really. Just about everyone apart from Australia, the USA, and Rugby fans call it football.

52b84a70eab8ea13673fafb8

That's the way I feel. Want the UK to play as the national sports side, but the UK being Cymru and England. Scottish independence and the, well those ppl across the Celtic Sea...
I take it then that you don’t like the 6 nations and don’t bother following that either?

I take it then that you don’t like the 6 nations and don’t bother following that either?
I watch some 6N matches to try and learn more about the sport. I have an England RU T-Shirt, cushion and mug. I go for England in RU, unless they're playing Oz or the United States. I've got the soccer on now, unfortunately international sport reaches parts club sport doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom