General Cashless 'viral infection'?

Can't remember the last time I used cash for any purchase, since 2020 the change has really moved forwards. Not a problem for me, but shops should still accept cash for those who wish to use it.

Monday in the shop on the way home. Bottle of pop.

Go to the cash point at the shops ffs. :)

Sadly more and more cash points are being closed deliberately by the banks making it harder for the public to access their own cash.

There are some cash points in some of the convenience stores like the Coop, and it is still currently possible to access cash at Post Offices but the banking industry is deliberately making it harder for their customers to gain access their own cash.

Clearly it’s not going to happen because the banking industry is extremely powerful, but personally I’d make it illegal for shops, pubs and restaurants in particular not to accept cash.

Being away for a few days in Devon, when using a public toilet it was card or cash for 20p!

I'm actually quite glad when i get a chance to use cash, most places seem to discourage it - unsurprisingly as it costs time and money to store and deposit. It's just corner shops and the butcher's in the market really.

Along with various train fare refunds for cancellations and strikes, the other week after all trains cancelled until end of service, I was also able to claim a taxi refund as I was stuck in Oxshott with no buses or other way of getting home. The ticket refunds get paid direct into my bank account. The taxi refund I had to email SWT customer services rather than complete online, and the refund arrives by cheque in the post. Who still uses cheques to pay for things ?

I'm actually quite glad when i get a chance to use cash, most places seem to discourage it - unsurprisingly as it costs time and money to store and deposit. It's just corner shops and the butcher's in the market really.
cash only at the bar in the 'bird

I've started paying for things with my phone .. space age! Bill Gates will know all about me but I don't think you can avoid that anyway.

In the pub last night and someone paid their tab with a ring 😳😳

Still way behind the times with my debit card.

I've started paying for things with my phone .. space age! Bill Gates will know all about me but I don't think you can avoid that anyway.
As Microsoft have a non-existent presence in mobile, I think you are safe from him. It's Apple and Alphabet you need to worry about...

There are much more pressing reasons not to use the tax-avoiding bastards than whether they are card only......

Well quite.

As an aside I’m not sure even sure I’ve ever been into a Starbucks. I don’t drink coffee and in my limited experience these multi national chains haven’t got a clue how to make Tea.

Back
Top Bottom