General Brannagan & Co to stay and take us to the championship?or not....

Cheers - I’m lucky enough to get some little nuggets from time to time but only post what won’t hurt the club e.g. I won’t name transfer targets directly but might put the odd cryptic thing up ?. In this case the ink was dry and so no harm in pointing out we won’t get extra funds.

as @scothegg did not confirm perhaps you could say yeah or neigh to a incoming with r and k in their names?

What happens if they get promoted then Baptiste goes on to make the required appearances next season in the Premier league?

I was going in to tonight's match wanting Brentford to win, but if them staying down and going up next season means we get more money then I may have to revise my support!
500k next season, compared to Baptiste getting early PL exposure? No comparison. It's not like Brentford are nailed on for promotion next year, this might be the best chance they get. I'm backing Brentford tonight all the way.

If we were to 'cash in' on Branagan now, I would love us to sign a player like scott Fraser of Burton, he was brilliant whenever he's played against us. Similar to Branagan where he can play multiple midfield positions and is the engine of the team but also has an eye for goal.

I would hate us to do the same as what we did with fosu and Baptiste this year and sell in january without being able to get replacements that are ready to play. I know we got kelly but he wasn't ready until 2 months in.

Unfortunately his knee injury had a big knock on effect on his season & value now he started the season on absolute fire but really struggled when he came back from that injury up until winning them 5 games in a row, he’s definitely not ready for the premiership just yet that’s for sure.

CB is different from your modern day youngster. Like Dickie, he fully appreciates everything the club, fans and management has done for him and has a passion for the club and is hurting badly after that game and wants to finish the job before moving on.

Whilst being very ambitious, he’s also very grounded and won’t take a move purely for ££££, Thats not his styles. He loves football and wants to be playing, so a move to the PL where he will benchwarm at best does not overly appeal while leading us to the championship certainly does.

On that, don’t rule out him staying for a year extension with the armband included. Could also be key for Woodburn coking back, too as they are very close off the pitch with Woodburn living with CB.

Could go either way but we’ve more than a fighting chance of him staying.

CB is different from your modern day youngster. Like Dickie, he fully appreciates everything the club, fans and management has done for him and has a passion for the club and is hurting badly after that game and wants to finish the job before moving on.

Whilst being very ambitious, he’s also very grounded and won’t take a move purely for ££££, Thats not his styles. He loves football and wants to be playing, so a move to the PL where he will benchwarm at best does not overly appeal while leading us to the championship certainly does.

On that, don’t rule out him staying for a year extension with the armband included. Could also be key for Woodburn coking back, too as they are very close off the pitch with Woodburn living with CB.

Could go either way but we’ve more than a fighting chance of him staying.

I certainly agree that CB loves playing and wouldn't want to be sat on a bench. His passion is infectious and is a big player behind the scenes as well as on the pitch. Last season, alongside Mous and Mackie, he was one of the players that brought everyone else together and that is worth so much more than what we see on the pitch (which was exceptional at the begin of the season!).

Look at his interview against Accrington (?) I think at the begin of the season when we drew 3-3 I think. He hated getting a point, saying something like "if we are serious about promotion we have to win these games". Or after his penalty against Portsmouth when he said that he wanted the responsibility of taking the last one. You rarely see that in such a young player at our level.

I'm certain that we will get an extension deal in place and see Bran taking on a more senior role in the club, and hopefully the captaincy. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him attract attention from much bigger teams if he has the season we know he's capable of.

I certainly agree that CB loves playing and wouldn't want to be sat on a bench. His passion is infectious and is a big player behind the scenes as well as on the pitch. Last season, alongside Mous and Mackie, he was one of the players that brought everyone else together and that is worth so much more than what we see on the pitch (which was exceptional at the begin of the season!).

Look at his interview against Accrington (?) I think at the begin of the season when we drew 3-3 I think. He hated getting a point, saying something like "if we are serious about promotion we have to win these games". Or after his penalty against Portsmouth when he said that he wanted the responsibility of taking the last one. You rarely see that in such a young player at our level.

I'm certain that we will get an extension deal in place and see Bran taking on a more senior role in the club, and hopefully the captaincy. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him attract attention from much bigger teams if he has the season we know he's capable of.
The one that stuck in my mind was also from the beginning of the season, and a home game. Woodburn had a decent chance to win the game and skied his shot from close range.
The Beeb asked Cam if he had gone to reassure Woodburn after the match, as they knew each other. The response was effectively "I told him this isn't youth football and he has to make sure the next one goes in".
Absolutely agree he is ready to lead this team, shown he will step up and take responsibility when needed and demands high standards from his teammates.
I am 100% not in the know, but I would also personally be surprised if we can convince him to sign an extension.

I think we're all making assumptions based on our own opinions of his character.

I think he'd be fine to stay, and in some instances would be fine to sign a year extension for the benefit of the club. I think he values his legacy over wages, he would love to be seen as a captain of this club, and would want be remembered here for a long time after he's gone.

I also think he'd be determined to show he has what it takes to perform in the Championship, and backs himself to break into the first team of a club that has ambitions for the Premier League. He doesn't know what the market would be like for him next year, he's already having the occasional niggles in his knees, and is aware of the short career footballers are capable of having.

I think if Brannagan and Dickie are to move on they've both got to be very picky about which clubs they decide to sign for. I'm not sure I really understand the point in dropping down the leagues in order to get game time, only to then return back up the pyramid and bench warm.

I think if Brannagan and Dickie are to move on they've both got to be very picky about which clubs they decide to sign for. I'm not sure I really understand the point in dropping down the leagues in order to get game time, only to then return back up the pyramid and bench warm.

Which is an issue with expiring contracts. If you're available cut price, and you see Championship teams sniffing around you, you might think "great, I've made it."

But the teams interested in you are just thinking that you're a cheap option with good resale value. Worth bringing in for that price, and will fill out the squad. In that case you'd much rather be wanted when under a decent contract, as any team willing to break the bank will need to play you straight away, to show that their investment was sound.

I imagine few players sign just to be on the bench (with the exception of back-up goalkeepers). Any right-minded player will ask for managerial assurances, as part if the contract negotiation process, that they will at least have a chance of a first team place.

shandon.JPG
Pic above shows his appearances for Brentford since he joined them.
He didn't make the squad for the 2nd leg either following 6mins off the bench in the first leg.

View attachment 4224
Pic above shows his appearances for Brentford since he joined them.
He didn't make the squad for the 2nd leg either following 6mins off the bench in the first leg.

To be fair, their midfield is very strong, and they will have decent options off the bench as well. I imagine he's bought as cover in case they get offers for the likes of Dasilva or Norgaard, and will feature more next term once he's had a full preseason (free of injuries, I hope).

To be fair, their midfield is very strong, and they will have decent options off the bench as well. I imagine he's bought as cover in case they get offers for the likes of Dasilva or Norgaard, and will feature more next term once he's had a full preseason (free of injuries, I hope).

Just to add to this, Brentford has just sold Dru Yearwood to the MLS, so should be more opportunity for Shandon next year as long as they don't bring in a big name.

Back
Top Bottom