League One Bolton - Barnsley

That is a fan base with little confidence in their team

Pitch invasion and flares…. deducted points?

Oxford beat Posh and get promoted on the basis Bolton have been penalised 🤣🤣

That was both an exciting, and a frickin' ugly game of football! Barnsley's prime tactic was ping it onto Cosgrove's head and pick up the pieces, but it almost worked.

I feel like Bolton's defenders are all decent players, and tough to beat one-on-one; but they don't necessarily play as a unit and there's massive gaps in between them. Something we (or Posh) could exploit at Wembley.

Reckon the final is a coin flip, regardless of who gets through......

They had the paper folded clapper things in the stands as well. Tinpot indeed.

Haha that is tinpot

*Awkwardly remembers our balloons on Saturday*
At least the balloons weren't bought and paid for by the club and they didn't come with instructions.
1000011709.jpg

(Genuinely had no idea that Bolton were such a tinpot outfit.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when pitch invasions were rare and used to mean something. Now it happening after a semi-final win? Feels a bit tinpot from Bolton to be honest.
To be fair, you ain't getting on the pitch at Wembley.....

There's something unlikeable about Bolton. I've never been quite sure exactly what it is, but I've just never liked them.

Clubs like Sunderland and Pompey have a level of arrogance, but it was in a way justifiable - they're huge clubs. Bolton weren't even close to selling out their ground even while in the Premier League.

Nat Logthouse played for Bolton. And Tom Finney. Which means they are a Big Club.

Back
Top Bottom