Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Proper modern day goalie. Was concerned when we first signed him, but never let us down once which is impressive given the circumstances. Knows the squad too so that'd reduce the easing in process
I think KR now knows that we are vulnerable from set pieces; partly due to Eastwood. I have also noticed, how bloody quiet is Eastwood during games!? You would hear top goalies command his defence but I didn't hear a peep from him during the play-offs. Not necessarily a criticism, just an observation.

I think KR now knows that we are vulnerable from set pieces; partly due to Eastwood. I have also noticed, how bloody quiet is Eastwood during games!? You would hear top goalies command his defence but I didn't hear a peep from him during the play-offs. Not necessarily a criticism, just an observation.

I don't know if this is really petty or not and It's not a dig at him as a human. But Eastwood always seems way too kind...he's always smiling and laughing and just seems like a lovely bloke who wouldn't hurt a fly never seen him get angry or bollock his defence, I want a right nasty prick of a goalie. If attackers are scared of you you've won half the battle in regards to crosses/set pieces.

I don't know if this is really petty or not and It's not a dig at him as a human. But Eastwood always seems way too kind...he's always smiling and laughing and just seems like a lovely bloke who wouldn't hurt a fly never seen him get angry or bollock his defence, I want a right nasty prick of a goalie. If attackers are scared of you you've won half the battle in regards to crosses/set pieces.
Nah I completely agree with you. I get that impression as well. You need commanding figures in the team, especially in positions like goalkeeper, centre half or even a Gorrin type role. His silence stood out to me in the play offs and that shows me one of two things; no confidence or he's scared of ruffling feathers. Neither of those are particularly good.

Two things he has always struggled with is knowing when to come off his line and commanding his area. Something that was sadly shown up in our biggest game in years. He got himself sent off season before last against Charlton with a similar error.

Hes been a great servant over the last few years and has been one of our top performances since getting back into League 1, but his errors do seem to be getting more frequent and I think it might be time to move on.

I wonder what kind of keeper we should be going for. If teams like Wycombe are targeting our weakness in defending crosses then maybe we should be after someone more commanding that Easty.

Archer was brilliant at starting attacks as his distribution was great but he also looked equally as fragile as Easty from crosses into the area.

I would love a keeper that can do both but they won't be playing in league 1 next season.

Not the greatest season this time but I think he's a decent League 1 keeper. I wouldn't have it top of the list for recruitment needs. Centre half, central midfield, right wing, striker all need attention first.
I think I’d also add RB, LW and STx2 to that list.

8 new players needed. Wow ?
I don’t necessarily agree about the need for a new CB so

CM
RB
RW
LW
CFx2

I make that 6 players? I wouldnt have thought that totally unrealistic for a summer transfer window considering we’ve lost at least 4 loan players as things stand?

Not sure who would be interested in him, hasn't covered himself in glory recently. Would he drop down to L2? Salford are after a keeper and obviously have the money, not sure of any other northerners that need a GK.

It does show how much he’s dropped off I remember 2 season ago the likes of Barnsley Huddersfield Blackburn were all interested in him unfortunately he’s nowhere near the championship level now,

I don’t necessarily agree about the need for a new CB so

CM
RB
RW
LW
CFx2

I make that 6 players? I wouldnt have thought that totally unrealistic for a summer transfer window considering we’ve lost at least 4 loan players as things stand?

Surely if Dickie goes we need a new CB?

Easty is a very good shot stopper. But the rest of his game has fallen away. His kicking and distribution is more non league than L1. Very nervy on crosses, poor positioning at times and doesn't communicate very well with his defenders.
His family moving up to Yorkshire has had a big effect on him I think. I'm sure he would like a move but in uncertain times he may have to stay put for another season.
Mind you, he wasn't the only one tohave a poor game at Wembley. Half the team did!!

Depends where you see Nico Jones and Rob Atkinson in the squad.
Atkinson and Moore will be the pairing, next year. I expect Mous will be offering guidance to the pair of them and stepping in, when required. Moore is more than good enough (no pun intended) and Atkinson is ready to step in and adopt the 'Dickie under Nelson' role, with Moore as the leading CB.

Easty is a very good shot stopper. But the rest of his game has fallen away. His kicking and distribution is more non league than L1. Very nervy on crosses, poor positioning at times and doesn't communicate very well with his defenders.
His family moving up to Yorkshire has had a big effect on him I think. I'm sure he would like a move but in uncertain times he may have to stay put for another season.
Mind you, he wasn't the only one tohave a poor game at Wembley. Half the team did!!
Doesn't communicate at all, with defenders. Didn't hear a bloody peep, during the 3 playoff games.

Back
Top Bottom