Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

In terms of what he was (or was not) offered, you have not one iota of proof. You know as much (as little) as the rest of us.

As for "our" business, you don't know anything there either.

But, yes, it does stink.
But pretty much everything that happens, in your eyes, stinks, and yet the world has yet to cave in.

In terms of what he was (or was not) offered, you have not one iota of proof. You know as much (as little) as the rest of us.

As for "our" business, you don't know anything there either.

But, yes, it does stink.

He has a 2 1/2 year contract at Wycombe, so yes he was offered a better deal.

Our business clearly isn't done and we should judge it at the end.

So maybe offer a little proof about what is so wrong that this stinks? Christ, even Kip is dealing with this a little more rationally!!

Could it be that he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for a certain fee/ team from a higher league coming in?

It's hardly like he was setting the world on fire for us.
A Championship club paying a fee for a player who has played 12 games in League One, after no-one risked signing him in the summer is a strange move.

• React
Reactions: Ian
He has a 2 1/2 year contract at Wycombe, so yes he was offered a better deal.

Our business clearly isn't done and we should judge it at the end.

So maybe offer a little proof about what is so wrong that this stinks? Christ, even Kip is dealing with this a little more rationally!!
The proof will come Monday evening. If we, the club, do not have a convincing replacement to the squad.

As to Kip, I actually think, sometimes, that you and he are the same poster. Ying and Yang, as it were. Gives each other that raison d'etre. If you know what I mean?

That's probably not massively shy of the mark to be honest. I would maybe expect that Taylor is on a bit more, but may be performance bonuses that push it up.

I’m not any sort of expert but was he much better than Forde? His ball delivery wasn’t that special. Main thing in his favour was that he was left sided

That's not insignificant!
We've got a ton of players with sweet right feet - Henry, Forde, Kelly, Cam, hell even our other left-winger, Shodipo.

No-one left in the squad - other than possibly Josh Ruffels - to whom whipping it in with the left peg comes naturally......

Meanwhile on the tinpot anti football team forum theres 1 post on Obita joining them!

Look like Last minute penalty Jacobson is out injured so they needed a low cost replacement.
Disappointing as I thought he looked pretty good. He won't get in at Wycombe in front of Jacobson so I guess will spend most of his time on the bench.
Football is about wage budget and Wycombe have more budget than Oxford

The proof will come Monday evening. If we, the club, do not have a convincing replacement to the squad.

As to Kip, I actually think, sometimes, that you and he are the same poster. Ying and Yang, as it were. Gives each other that raison d'etre. If you know what I mean?
You might be on to something there. Scotch egg and Dutch chicken (Malc will do the translation). Wonder which one came on here first?

Not sure how accurate this is but came across this on the website salarysport.com?
Says our weekly wage is just shy of £70k.
Compared to £48k at the scum.
It also lists the highest paid players.
Top 5 are
McGeady
Bennetts
Connolly
Mulgrew
McKay

So like why are we paying these people?

It's hardly like he was setting the world on fire for us.
A Championship club paying a fee for a player who has played 12 games in League One, after no-one risked signing him in the summer is a strange move.

Strange club that signed him, they are a championship club for this season only as well, he will be back at this level next season.

Disappointing as I thought he looked pretty good. He won't get in at Wycombe in front of Jacobson so I guess will spend most of his time on the bench.
Football is about wage budget and Wycombe have more budget than Oxford
Look on Wycombes forum they reckon Jacobson is done

• React
Reactions: Ian
Will sound a bit bitter but didn't really convince me since he's been here. So not that bothered except we're lacking cover now at LB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom